This Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe and Grits recipe features plump delicious shrimp sauteed in a buttery and garlicky sauce served over creamy grits.
This recipe is a combo of two of my absolute favorite meals: Shrimp Scampi and Shrimp and Grits. When intertwined, the two are glorious and worth a dissertation of a post; however, I will keep my insane love for it as short as humanly possible. I first became addicted to an Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe in my early 20s so I had to share this amazing version.
Butter: Rich and creamy, it sets the perfect saucy stage for our scampi.
Shrimp: These juicy gems are the stars of the dish, ready to soak up all the flavorful goodness.
Garlic: Minced and marvelous, garlic brings the aromatic magic that’s key to any scampi.
White Wine/Broth: Choose your adventure with a splash of white wine for zing or broth for a mellow vibe.
Lemon Juice: Brings a zesty brightness to cut through the richness.
Red Pepper Flakes: A pinch for spice, because a little heat never hurt.
Serving Scampi Over Creamy Grits
Because I have literally made this dish for almost two decades, I have made it every possible way imaginable. I’ve served it over rice and pasta for years, but this grits twist is truly my favorite. The combination of shrimp and grits have become so popular in the last decade of so, but I can tell you my love of grits goes back to my childhood.
Grits are a Southerner’s (or those raised by Southerners) dream, and I was raised by Southerners. I’ve made so many pots of grits over the years that I should be given top grits guru status. In fact, I recently made a post on how to make the creamiest perfect pot of grits, which you must check out if you are new to the game.
How to Store
To store leftover shrimp scampi, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. For reheating, gently warm the scampi in a skillet over medium-low heat until it is heated through, being careful not to overcook the shrimp.
Other Recipes to Serve
If you like this easy shrimp scampi recipe with grits, then you’ll love some of my other easy shrimp recipes.
Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe and Grits
For the Shrimp Scampi:
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine or broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Grits:
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grits you can make this recipe with stoneground or even Quick grits
- ½ cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
For the Shrimp Scampi:
- Add ¼ cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once butter with canola oil melts, add shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season and sauté for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side until they turn pink. Make sure not to overcook them since shrimp cook very quickly. Then remove and place to the side
- Add minced garlic and cook for just about 30 seconds.
- Next pour in wine and lemon juice then season with red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons of parsley and garlic powder. Stir together, lower heat to medium low and reduce sauce by about half. Then toss back in shrimp.
- Turn off heat and swirl in butter. Top with parsley as garnish once plated over grits.
For the Grits:
- Find the full recipe HERE: https://grandbaby-cakes.com/how-to-make-grits-recipe/
- Add grits to plate and serve shrimp and sauce over it. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.