Disclosure: I partnered with the National Mango Board for this Mango Citrus Punch recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
The weather is officially changing, and my heart is so full of excitement for the rest of spring and this upcoming summer. Last year, I didn’t really entertain as much because I was traveling a ton and dealing with first trimester woes. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Now, with my Baby Cakes in the mix, I am ready to get back to the best summer entertaining there is.
SPRING AND SUMMER ENTERTAINING
WHY MAKE THIS MANGO CITRUS FRUIT PUNCH RECIPE?
HOW TO CUT A MANGO
WHEN IS THE PERFECT TIME TO MAKE THIS PUNCH?
When is a Mango Ripe? How to Tell if Mango is Ripe!
Using ripe mangoes in this recipe makes all of the difference in getting the incredibly bright taste. You can recognize ripe mangoes by their feel. When you feel it, it will give slightly indicating that it has soft flesh inside it. This is what you are looking for. For this particular fruit punch recipe, I used the Tommy Atkins mango variety. You’ll recognize them in store by their dark red blush that often covers much of the fruit with green and orange-yellow accents. To see what mangoes are in season throughout the year, visit here.
The additional pineapple and citrus flavors of lime, lemon and orange really brighten this punch and make the flavors so incredible. When I served this at a family function recently, the entire punch bowl was emptied within half an hour because it was so popular. And because it was so simple to make, I threw together another batch in no time to keep the party going. Make this all year round and enjoy everything mango has to offer.
If you are looking for more amazing mango recipes, check these out:
- Forget classic lemon bars, these Mango Lemon Bars are irresistible!
- For the most incredible punch, try this Mango Citrus Fruit Punch.
- For the ultimate salmon burger, try this Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers.
- And for additional jerk flavor, these Mango Jerk Wings are calling your name!
- 4 heaping cups cubed fresh mango 2 large mangos
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice without pulp
- 5 cups lemon lime soda
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar *
- Add fresh mango, pineapple juice and orange juice to a blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Next add mango mixture to a pitcher along with soda and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Serve over ice.
- Note on sugar: This amount can and will change depending on the ripeness of your mango. If the mango is super ripe and sweet, add less. If it is less so, use more sugar.