Insane Mango Jerk Wings filled with the most incredible flavor!!! You will never make wings another way again!
Super Bowl Sunday is coming soon y’all, and honestly the only thing that has me excited is this recipe. Mango Jerk Wings will be made in large quantities in my home on game day. You can pretty much guarantee that and take it to the bank.
Why are these mango jerk wings so exciting? Well let’s start with mango. Mango is one of my favorite fruits. It is refreshing, sweet, and indulgent. The flavor is explosive but even better on wings. I love sweet wings with a kick. And Jamaican jerk seasoning gives this wing dish the kick it needs. Jerk chicken can’t be denied (Neither can these jerk shrimp tacos by the way). If you have ever tried deliciously spicy and flavorful jerk chicken, you can probably close your eyes right now and be transported back to that moment because it sticks in your brain and never leaves.
Well combining the sweet and the spicy is pretty much mandatory in a wing dish. Spicy, saucy, sweet happiness. The real test is if you break into a little happy dance when you taste a good wing, especially these mango jerk wings. I busted out my moonwalk while eating these at least twice and ended quite gracefully with a MC Hammer typewriter because I believe that dance needs to be brought back asap for future generations.
Get your mango jerk wings on asap!
If you are looking for more amazing mango recipes, check these out:
- Forget classic lemon bars, these Mango Lemon Bars are irresistible!
- For the most incredible punch, try this Mango Citrus Fruit Punch.
- For the ultimate salmon burger, try this Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mango sliced and cubed
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup mango nectar or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings disjointed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to pan then cook onion until tender.
- Next saute mango until tender.
- Add mango, lime or lemon juice and mango nectar or orange juice, brown sugar, honey and all spices to blender or food processor and grind until smooth. If it needs to thin a bit more, add a little bit more juice.
- Pour marinade into a large ziploc bag and submerge chicken in marinade. Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with non stick foil or parchment paper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and season on both sides.
- Bake chicken on first side for 15 minutes then turn over. For more flavor, feel free to baste chicken with marinade during cooking. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is completely done, marinade is sticky on chicken and it is browned.