Mango Lemon Bars Recipe – The traditional lemon bar recipe gets a delicious and unique update with the addition of fresh mango resulting in a sweet, creamy filling topped buttery shortbread crust.
Disclosure: I partnered with the National Mango Board for this Mango Lemon Bars recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
WHEN ARE MANGOES IN SEASON?
MANGO LEMON BARS RECIPE
This recipe is similar to the traditional lemon bar except it has an extra tropical flair from the mango that makes them so much better. A perfectly ripe mango should have a firm, creamy texture that almost seems to melt in your mouth. They’re so good on their own that many people don’t bake with them and prefer to eat them as-is. I used Keitt mangos which are perfect for using now since you tend to find them later in the summer season. You will recognize them for their dark to medium-green tone and sometimes with a pink blush over a small portion of the mango. It is perfectly sweet and nutritious as well!
SHORTBREAD CRUST AND CUSTARD TOPPING
So as the leaves begin to change their colors and you find yourself shivering a bit more than you did the day before, take a moment to treat yourself to a little vacation. Bake these mango bars, close your eyes and enjoy the comfort that beautiful fall baked goods provides.
For more mango recipes, check these out:
- For the most incredible punch, try this Mango Citrus Fruit Punch.
- For the ultimate salmon burger, try this Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers.
- And for additional jerk flavor, these Mango Jerk Wings are calling your name!
Mango Lemon Bars Recipe - The traditional lemon bar gets a delicious and unique update with the addition of fresh mango resulting in a sweet, creamy filling topped buttery shortbread crust.
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix together butter, sugar and flour. Press into the bottom of a parchment lined 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden then remove to prepare filling.
- Add diced mango and lime juice to heavy duty blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and flour to combine dry ingredients. Next, whisk in the eggs, lemon juice, ¼ cup of the prepared mango puree, and vanilla extract. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until no longer liquidy or jiggly. The bars will firm up more as they cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, dust with confectioner’s sugar, cut and serve.