This Meat Lovers Pizza is piled high with melty cheese, spicy pepperoni, crispy bacon, juicy sausage crumbles, and herby Italian seasoning! Learn how to make this hearty pizza quick and easy in your very own kitchen! If you love this pizza, you will love this Sicilian Pizza, Philly Cheese Steak Pizza and Mexican Pizza.
BEST MEAT LOVERS PIZZA RECIPE
There’s no meal more perfect than a slice of hot, crisp, and cheesy, pizza. If you feel me, you’ve come to the right place! I love making homemade pizza; it’s so much fun and I can get the whole family involved (most of the time).
Sure, takeout pies are delicious and convenient but being in control of your own flavors and textures is such a great experience. The best part is, once you’ve done it a few times pizza making is a breeze!
Today, we’re making one of my favorite pizza varieties: Meat Lovers. Smoky bacon, tender ham, spicy pepperoni, and well-seasoned Italian sausage crumbles are spread out onto a fluffy crust coated in sweet marinara and freshly shredded mozzarella cheese in this deliciously classic recipe. I’m so excited to share I made this perfect pizza using some incredible products from GoodCook. Let’s get to cooking y’all!
WHAT IS ON A MEAT LOVERS PIZZA?
A meat lover’s pizza is just what it sounds like: a pizza piled high with salty, hearty meat. The meat toppings can vary but, typically, this decadent pie is served up with crumbled italian sausage, bacon bits, pepperoni slices, and sliced Canadian (or regular) ham.
HOW TO MAKE A MEAT LOVERS PIZZA
The difficulty of this recipe will depend on whether or not you decide to make a homemade dough. I often make large batches of my pizza dough recipe and freeze the leftovers for later on.
There’s nothing wrong with going the pre-made dough route! I do it quite often and still get amazing results. Either way, be patient with the dough and don’t worry if you don’t get that perfect circle- it takes practice, people!
I recommend spooning the pizza onto the dough and spreading it, rather than dumping it on all at once. That’ll make the dough heavy and soggy.
Layer on the toppings however you’d like! Use this recipe as more of a guideline and feel free to make it your own: use different meats, adjust the measurements, etc.
Watch the pizza closely as it cooks. Not just because it cooks quickly but also because it’s fun! The crust rises, the cheese bubbles, and the pepperonis curl and crisp. It’s the best sight to see.
PIZZA COOKING EQUIPMENT
Alright y’all, I’ve been holding out on the real secret to this recipe: GoodCook’s cutting edge pizza product line. Ever since I got hip to their durable, efficient equipment my pizzas have been crispier and more delicious than ever!
Here are the 3 GoodCook products that made this the meanest and mightiest meat lovers pizza on the planet:
- GoodCook AirPerfect Nonstick Air Insulated, 15.75” Pizza Crisper with Cutting Guide. On pizza night, this is the pan you’re gonna wanna reach for. The generous size of this pan accommodates frozen and homemade pizzas alike! GoodCook’s nonstick technology is unbeatable, making for a perfectly crisp crust that slides right off the pan and super easy cleanup. The high-quality carbon steel won’t warp or twist so I can use this pan for many pizza nights to come!
- GoodCook Touch Pizza Cutter with Stainless Steel Blade and Comfort Grip Handle. This sharp, easy to handle cutter is the perfect sidekick to GoodCook’s Pizza Crisper Pan. Use the pan’s convenient cutting guides along the edges to glide the cutter through the pie, creating six even slices along the way. Once you’re done, pop that handy-dandy blade cover on for safe storage.
- GoodCook Touch Folding Grater with Dual Sided Blades, Comfort Handle and Non Slip Base. The secret to the ooeyest-gooeyest-cheesiest pizza is grating your own cheese. GoodCook makes this that much simpler and more accessible with their sturdy stainless steel grater. This dual-sided, easy to clean grater stays stable when in use and folds up for compact storage. I wouldn’t be caught dead in my kitchen without one!
PIZZA MAKING TIPS
- If you prefer a little more texture on the bottom of your pizza, sprinkle a couple tablespoons of cornmeal on the bottom of the pan.
- Really want to save time? Try this recipe using a 12-inch sized pre-baked crust. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for temperature and bake time.
- Thinly sliced green peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms all make great veggie additions to this pie!
- For a fresher taste, try making your own pizza sauce at home. I’ve got a great recipe right here.
- You can use any kind of cheese you’d like! Provolone, gouda, or a mild cheddar would work. Mix up a couple different cheeses for a fermented, sharp taste.
- I recommend slightly under-cooking your protein since it will cook a little bit more once it’s on your pizza.
- Start checking the pizza for doneness at about 10 minutes. It’ll be up to you to decide how crispy you’d like the crust to be. I find that 13 minutes in my oven makes for a crisp, yet fluffy crust.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVER MEAT LOVERS PIZZA
If you take a little extra time to properly store your pizza, you’ll end up with fresher tasting leftovers, and the texture will be more similar to when it was fresh.
I like to line an GoodCook EveryWare airtight container with paper towels and stack each slice inside in between layers of more paper towels. If you need to, separate the slices into more than one container.
Place the container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Refrigerated pizza can be reheated on a GoodCook AirPerfect Pizza pan in a conventional oven set to 350 degrees or toaster oven set to 400 degrees. Watch the slices closely and heat until bubbly and heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
CAN I FREEZE HOMEMADE PIZZA?
Absolutely! Stock your freezer with leftover pizza slices as a gift to your future self. To do so, wrap the individual slices in plastic wrap and then freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Once they’re nice and frozen, go ahead and transfer the slices to freezer-safe zip top bags and label them with the date.
Frozen meat lovers pizza will keep for about 2 months. (If it lasts that long of course.)
THE BEST WAY TO REHEAT FROZEN PIZZA
The best way to reheat a slice or two of pizza is on the stovetop using a large skillet, a little water, and a lid. Preheat the skillet to medium heat, add about a tablespoon of water per slice, and cover the skillet. Heat the pizza for about 3-5 minutes, adding another splash of water if you need to buy a little more time. This method can also be used for refrigerated leftover pizza.
If heating up four or more slices, use the oven broiler and preheat a baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then add the slices to the hot pan and continue to low broil for 4-5 minutes longer, or until the cheese is bubbly.
GRANDBABY CAKES’ BEST PIZZA RECIPES
My family and I have pizza night at least once a week! We love getting in the kitchen together and making our favorite cheesy concoctions.
Try out a few more of our family-favorite pies:
- SICILIAN PIZZA
- GRILLED PROSCIUTTO ARUGULA PIZZA RECIPE
- PEPPERONI PIZZA BOMBS
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA
Meat Lovers Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce recipe here
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese freshly shredded
- 4 oz parmesan freshly shredded
- 8 pepperoni slices
- 2 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 2 canadian bacon slices cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 lb spicy or mild Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes optional
- Set the oven rack to the lower position. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Allow the prepared pizza dough to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. This step is only required if you’re working with a refrigerated dough.
- Prepare the toppings: fry the bacon, cook the sausage, shred the cheese using a GoodCook Grater, and measure out the rest.
- Shape the Dough – On a lightly floured surface, stretch and shape the dough into a 10-inch circle—transfer to the baking sheet. Use fingers to press into a 12-inch circle. Leave the edges slightly thicker, about ½-inch tall and wide.
- Brush olive oil on the edges to make the crust crispier when baked.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, followed by the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, pepperoni, bacon, Canadian bacon, and sausage. Sprinkle on italian seasoning and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 to 13 minutes.
- Immediately slice and serve while still hot.