Disclosure: I was compensated by Parade for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I can’t imagine a BBQ without grilled corn on the cob. In my family, there are only two ways to prepare corn: Either you grill it or you cream it. It’s as simple as that. Soon I will share my family’s creamed corn recipe which is AH-MAZ-ING! But first I thought I would ease you into corn recipes with a simple one like this Mexican grilled corn on the cob.
This Mexican grilled corn on the cob has great flavor with a bit of Mexican flair. If you don’t have a grill, don’t worry! You can still make this corn by broiling it in the oven. I brushed it with a bit of butter and added some salt, pepper, chili powder, cilantro and some goat cheese crumbles. Can you say delicious??? Oh yeah, these babies are what your grill are made for!
If you are looking for more grill recipes that are incredible, check out these:
- This Grilled Ribeye Steak with Tequila Glaze is everything!
- Grilled Proscuitto Arugula Pizza is necessary!
- What’s a grill without chicken? This Tequila Lime Chicken is necessary.
- This Carne Asada makes my life every time I grill it!
- And finally get this Grilled Catfish recipe or this Skirt Steak with Chimichurri on the grill immediately.
- 6 ears sweet corn with husks removed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Submerge corn, with husks removed, in a large bowl of water for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove corn, dry with paper towels, and individually wrap corn in foil.
- On a hot grill, place foil wrapped corn on indirect heat and cover. Turn as needed and cook until corn is tender on all sides, which should be about 20-25 minutes.
- Next remove corn from foil and place on direct heat to create char marks. Watch carefully and turn quickly to avoid burning.
- Once charred on all sides, remove corn and place on serving platter.
- Brush with butter then apply salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Sprinkle with juice of limes and cheese.
- Lastly, garnish with cilantro and serve. Enjoy!