Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Apricot Glaze – store bought chicken kabobs are grilled and
jazzed up with delicious apricot preserves making the best shish kabobs ever!
I can’t believe it is already August. I’m so sad that summer will soon be over. I have had so much fun taking advantage of the warm weather or grilling season. With fall just around the corner, I have a lot of work ahead of me so my dinners have been much lower key.
GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS
That’s where these Chicken Kabobs with Apricot Glaze come in. I love convenient grocery shopping and buying kabobs in the meat and poultry section that are already prepared and good to go. All you have to do is season the kabobs with salt and pepper and grill them. I prefer grilling chicken kabobs because they seem a little lighter to eat as opposed to steak kabob.
I added a simple apricot glaze that can really take these chicken kabobs to the next level. A few ingredients starting with apricot preserves and soy sauce really add a sweet yet savory note to the chicken. Over your stove, you create a luscious syrup with additional ingredients like lime juice and let it cook together and thicken into a beautiful glazing sauce.
You simply continue to brush this apricot glaze over the chicken kabobs as you grill them and
really let the flavor get sealed into the meat. You could also add this to pork as well, and it is delicious. It is an easy way to turn store bought kabobs into something quite special.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH CHICKEN KABOBS
If you make this recipe, I have quite a few recipes that you should serve with it.
- HOT STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD with BACON
- JOLLOF RICE
- MEXICAN GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
- MANGO ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- FRIED CORN
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!*
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Apricot Glaze
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Apricot Glaze - store bought chicken kabobs are grilled and jazzed up with delicious apricot preserves making the best shish kabobs ever!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 servings
- Store bought Chicken Kabobs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Garnish: Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Season chicken kabobs with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Add olive oil to medium sized saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for just 1 minute.
- Next stir in apricot preserves, soy sauce, lime juice and honey. Whisk together to combine and bring to simmer.
- Once sauce has thickened into a smooth sauce and reduced by about half remove from heat.
- Add chicken kabobs to grill and grill on both sides. When chicken kabobs are about 15 minutes from being done, begin brushing chicken kabobs with sauce on both side and continue to brush throughout the cooking process sealing in more and more flavor until they are done.
Brush the apricot glaze on to the chicken kabobs after you put them on the grill.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1622mg | Potassium: 87mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.7mg