GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH CHICKEN KABOBS
- HOT STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD with BACON
- JOLLOF RICE
- MEXICAN GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
- MANGO ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- FRIED CORN
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Apricot Glaze - store bought chicken kabobs are grilled and jazzed up with delicious apricot preserves making the best shish kabobs ever!
- Store bought Chicken Kabobs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Garnish: Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Season chicken kabobs with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Add olive oil to medium sized saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for just 1 minute.
- Next stir in apricot preserves, soy sauce, lime juice and honey. Whisk together to combine and bring to simmer.
- Once sauce has thickened into a smooth sauce and reduced by about half remove from heat.
- Add chicken kabobs to grill and grill on both sides. When chicken kabobs are about 15 minutes from being done, begin brushing chicken kabobs with sauce on both side and continue to brush throughout the cooking process sealing in more and more flavor until they are done.
Brush the apricot glaze on to the chicken kabobs after you put them on the grill.