Heart Shaped Raspberry Brownies Recipe: This is the ultimate Valentine’s Day treat that truly says I love you. The best part is it is perfectly easy to make and stunningly gorgeous to look at.
If there is one thing I like about Valentine’s Day (in fact, this might be THE thing I like about Valentine’s Day), it is the chocolate. I’m talking chocolate overload. It is probably because I am so incredibly spoiled.
Ya see, my first Valentine was my daddy, and he was the very best. He used to spoil me with teddy bears and gifts, and nothing was ever quite the same. When you are your daddy’s princess like I am, it is hard for guys to stand up.
So for me, even now that I’m married, I don’t put all of that pressure on the hubby. How could he ever compete? A nice dinner and chocolate is enough for me to be satisfied.
And when I’m talking chocolate, I’m talking something like this perfect Heart Shaped Raspberry Brownies recipe. This is a simple enough recipe that I am pretty sure my husband could attempt to make for me. And make them pretty well too. The flavor is so rich and intensely chocolate that all chocolate lovers would rejoice for sure. And what goes better with chocolate than berries? These brownies are seriously the perfect light texture. I used White Lily Wheat Flour, which tasted right at home in this recipe. It is a great substitute for any recipes calling for all purpose flour. Whenever I use White Lily, my baked goods turn out perfectly each and every time. The quality truly speaks for itself.
And quality and chocolate are the only two things you really need in order to impress someone for Valentine’s Day. Trust me, I would know. Especially considering how hard it is to please me (blame my daddy for that).
Disclosure: This Raspberry Brownies recipe post is sponsored by White Lily but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for the partnership.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup White Lily wheat flour
- Add raspberries and fresh juice to my food processor and blend until smooth puree develops. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 8x8 sized baking pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add butter, both sugars, cocoa powder and salt and whisk together over the heat until it becomes nice and smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next turn down heat and carefully add eggs, one at a time, constantly stirring as you add them so they don’t scramble then add vanilla extract.
- Lastly remove pot from heat and whisk in flour until well incorporating. The batter will be nice, silky and dark chocolate in color.
- Add batter to prepared baking pan then dollop raspberry puree over brownie batter. Using a skewer or knife, swirl the top of the batter into a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Don't overbake.
- Allow brownies to cool then use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out brownies then serve.