These perfect soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best you will ever find. They take your favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe to another level!
A couple of years ago, I did a series on my fave site The Everygirl showing you how to make Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now its time to finally share all the tricks of the trade starting with this Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
Most people I know want this recipe. They desperately NEED the perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe in their arsenal for game days, kids sleepovers and bake sales and Netflix marathons like House of Cards. P.S. Just finished the latest season and WOW!
There are some tips you need to know about making this Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I have great tricks of the trade for what create the softest and chewiest cookies of all.
- More brown sugar in this recipe increases moistness due to the addition of molasses.
- This version replaces on whole egg with two egg yolks. By omitting the egg white, the end result is softer and moister.
- By adding the secret ingredient cornstarch, the texture of the dough becomes softer and chewier. It’s like magic!
- My chewy cookies need a little bit of chilling time. By chilling the dough, you create a firmer base that slows spreading and thinning as it bakes. This step is crucial and should not be skipped. Plan ahead when attempting these cookies.
- This is one of the most important steps for chewy cookies. You must slightly underbake. Underdone cookies are the key to soft cookies for days, though I don’t think these delicious treats will stick around that long.
This tricks and tips really are my secret to creating this best Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I know you will absolutely enjoy these.
And if you prefer Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, click HERE for the perfect recipe.
And if you want more vintage and incredible recipes for cookies, you will love my Tea Cakes recipe too!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies may seem undone but remove from oven.