Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cake Recipe: Classic summer fair funnel cake gets a fun seasonal twist with a strawberry shortcake flavor! And watch the how to video!
I love a good funnel cake. I seriously LOVE them. It’s one of the best things about the summer season. I have made quite a few on this site ranging from the classic fair variety to red velvet to even a chocolate and vanilla swirl version that I think is just plain genius! Speaking of genius, this new strawberry shortcake funnel cake recipe is just that as well.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH A TWIST
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FUNNEL CAKE
- vegetable or canola oil
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- confectioner’s sugar
I love these babies. Once all the ingredients are mixed together to create funnel cake batter, fry these babies up! After frying, the funnel cake batter, which will turn into dough is so tender and slightly sweet on the inside, and it fries up golden brown.
HOW IS THIS FUNNEL CAKE DIFFERENT?
I originally didn’t think it was possible to make them better but I keep surprising myself each and every time I make a new funnel cake recipe. This is a great summer treat. You simply add your powdered sugar, vanilla ice cream (strawberry would be awesome for an extra punch of flavor too!), mascerated strawberries and some whipped cream. Summer has never looked so good y’all. Get ready to try these babies. And I think they would be super fun for summer entertaining too! And I think I might just serve them along with my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe because that will get some great use out of these summer berries.
Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cake: Classic summer fair funnel cake gets a fun seasonal twist with a strawberry shortcake flavor!
- 4 cups vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream or another flavor like strawberry
- Mascerated Strawberries 2 cups sliced strawberries tossed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Whipped Cream
- confectioner's sugar
- Heat oil in a pot to about 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Next whisk in wet ingredients: milk, eggs and vanilla extract until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Add batter to a funnel, squeeze bottle or even a cake decorating piping bag with a round tip.
- Once oil is nice and hot, swirl batter in a spirally shape (have fun with this part) into the oil and fry. Turn over once the first side is nice and golden brown.
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain. These babies fry fast!
- Immediately cover with powdered sugar, ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream and serve.