Perfect Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe – Deliciously moist, light and juicy blueberry muffins with a sensational crumbly streusel topping.
I took a serious break from baked breakfast foods, and I must admit, I missed it so much! I’m a strong muffin lover. Particularly blueberry muffins. They make me weak in the knees when done right.
I love a blueberry muffin fresh out of the oven primed and ready to be slathered in a rich European butter. I get down like that. Seriously my muffin game is not to be messed with.
That’s why I needed to share this recipe with you because once I finally decided to give in to my muffin weakness, I decided to do it with this Perfect Blueberry Streusel Muffins recipe. I baked a delicious batch on Saturday morning, and my entire home smelled like comfort.
These muffins are absolutely sensational. I love the pure flavor of them. They aren’t overly sweet like a cupcake because they really let the blueberries shine. The texture is so moist, soft and tender which is pretty amazing considering that I used all-purpose wheat flour but the difference is all in White Lily Flour. Their wheat flour is not overpowering at all and still tender enough to compare to your classic all-purpose white variety. I tore one apart just so I could see the gorgeous inside.
My favorite part, however, is the fantastic streusel on top. It adds the perfect flavorful crunch to the tenderest of muffins. And it also adds a sweet note too, kinda like the frosting on top of a cupcake. These muffins are the perfect way to start your morning, and you might become addicted like I did.
Here are some other amazing muffin recipes you should definitely check out.
Disclosure: This Blueberry Streusel Muffins recipe post is sponsored by White Lily but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for the partnership.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also adore the recipes below!
- LEMON CRUMBLE MUFFINS
- MAPLE BACON CORN MUFFINS
- ORANGE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Perfect Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
For the Muffin Batter:
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup White Lily all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan or add muffin liners to pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, milk, vanilla and lemon extracts until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and add to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined but do not over mix (you don’t want tough muffins, do you?).
- Carefully fold in blueberries. Using a trigger ice cream scooper, scoop batter into muffin cups.
For the Crumble Topping:
- Cut the cold butter into the sugar and flour until it resembles crumbs (this can be done with a fork or even with your hands). Sprinkle this mixture over the muffins.
To Bake Your Muffins:
- Bake 23-25 minutes. Start checking the oven around 17 minutes. Make sure to check your muffins around the 20-21 minute mark since ovens tend to misbehave sometimes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then release from pan and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!!