My husband has been begging me to make a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for months. I finally obliged him and here is the result. I wanted something nice and chewy with tons of flavor.
And this recipe definitely fits the bill.
This chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe was just what I was looking for. I left out some of the usual spices because my husband is very plain when it comes to flavors.
These cookies are awesome, filled with flavor and chewy with the perfect oat texture. I will definitely make these again. If you are looking for a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe that melts in your mouth and has tons of flavor, look no further than this one right here!
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your butter and both sugars on medium high speed in the bowl of your mixer until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated
- Slow your mixer down to the lowest speed and add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, oats and raisins and finally vanilla extract and mix until it just comes together
- Scoop oatmeal cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet using a standard sized cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 3-5 minutes or until set before removing.