My husband has been begging me to make a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for months. I finally obliged him and here is the result. I actually scoured the net for a recipe that would work well due to my recent hectic schedule. I wanted something nice and chewy with tons of flavor. Well I definitely found it in this chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe courtesy I adapted from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch.
I discovered Serena on Yahoo! Shine. We have something in common. We are both Yahoo! Shine Supper Club Recipe winners so I was intrigued by her amazing looking recipes and definitely wanted to try something.
This chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe was just what I was looking for. I left out some of the spices because my husband is very plain when it comes to flavors he enjoys and made a few of the instructions my own. These were awesome, filled with flavor and chewy with the perfect oat texture. I will definitely make these again. If you are looking for a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe that melts in your mouth and has tons of flavor, look no further than this one right here!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream your butter and sugar on medium high speed in the bowl of your mixer until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated
- Next add cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and scrape down sides as needed.
- Slow your mixer down to the lowest speed and add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, oats and raisins and finally vanilla extract and mix until it just comes together
- Scoop oatmeal cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet using a standard sized cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 3-5 minutes or until set before removing.