My husband has been begging me to make a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe for months. I finally obliged him and here is the result. I wanted something nice and chewy with tons of flavor.
And this recipe definitely fits the bill.
This chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe was just what I was looking for. I left out some of the usual spices because my husband is very plain when it comes to flavors.
These cookies are awesome, filled with flavor and chewy with the perfect oat texture. I will definitely make these again. If you are looking for a chewy oatmeal raisin cookies recipe that melts in your mouth and has tons of flavor, look no further than this one right here!
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your butter and both sugars on medium high speed in the bowl of your mixer until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated
- Slow your mixer down to the lowest speed and add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, oats and raisins and finally vanilla extract and mix until it just comes together
- Scoop oatmeal cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet using a standard sized cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 3-5 minutes or until set before removing.
The cookies were really flat is that the way there saposto look like? I followed the recipe to a T. They were very tasty and chewy .
I’m making my second batch today. These are the best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever had or made (my kids said so too 🙂
These cookies were delicious and I didn’t even chill them before. Amazing.
Christine Allen says
Jocelyn your oatmeal cookies are drool worthy everyone in my family loves them I no longer buy cookies anywhere. I have your recipe book and everything I have made is a hit. Thank you much I now have a baking addiction
Do you chill the oatmeal raisin cookie dough before bake them?
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Yes I prefer to chill for about an hour.
Wow!! This is my new go-to oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. Seriously, WOW! Thank you so much. I love your recipes and your website.
Solid oatmeal cookie recipe! I added a little nutmeg and left out the raisins. Thank you!
Sianna B. says
This recipe is fantastic! I added an additional 1/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and chile!… these are legit Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Very moist and that right amount of crisp around the edges.
Tonia Arnold says
These cookie are so delicious and chewy. I use golden raisins. I love them.
Jon S says
Love this recipe! I used craisins instead of raisins and a bit of orange zest. Awesome!
LAQUISHA Rochelle WILKS says
Do you add the Baking soda with step 4 or step 5