A deliciously gooey chocolate chip cookie cake gets updated with butterscotch for a decadent treat!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE IDEA
Give me one cookie, and I’m a happy gal. But give me a giant chocolate chip cookie cake, and I’m in heaven. I got the idea for this chocolate chip cookie cake from mom and pop bakeries and even Mrs. Fields that make them. I remember seeing giant chocolate chip cookies with messages like Happy Birthday and Congratulations in the bakery windows as a kid. The cookie cakes were normally in the shape of a heart. I decided to make my own version!
YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO IMAGINE ANYTHING BETTER
I’ve got an imagination exercise for ya. Close your eyes for a second with me. It’s fine, don’t peak (well maybe just close one eye and read this because I’m sure you can’t read with your both eyes closed). Imagine a gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie with bits of butterscotch baked until just soft in a cast iron skillet. Nice and warm right out of the oven, imagine topping it with big scoops of vanilla ice cream that melt along the surface. This is pure decadence, and you deserve it all!
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
This chocolate chip cookie cake isn’t for those who want to half step in the cookie department. This is about having one of those desserts that completely satisfies every cookie craving and addiction inside of you with one single bite. To create the recipe, I started with my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. I piled the dough into my cast iron skillet and baked it until just barely cooked. I prefer my cookie underdone but if you want a crispier cookie, you can certainly bake it longer.
I didn’t let it cool long, added ice cream and dug right in. In fact, this baby didn’t last long at all.
MORE GREAT GRANDBABY CAKES’ COOKIE RECIPES
If you think this chocolate chip cookie cake with butterscotch chips looks amazing, you might want to try some of my other cookie recipes including these crispy chocolate chip cookies, key lime cookies, red velvet cookies and salted caramel chocolate chip cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Butterscotch Chips
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cast iron or deep dish skillet with non-stick baking spray.
- Pat all of cookie dough into the pan then bake for 20-35 minutes depending on how well done you want the cookie to be.
- Cookie may seem underdone but let it cool until warm to begin setting then serve.