Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Butterscotch Chips – A deliciously gooey chocolate chip cookie cake gets updated with butterscotch for a decadent treat!
The Heart and Soul of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
Cuisine Inspiration: American Comfort Food
Primary Cooking Method: Baking
Dietary Info: Vegetarian Delight However, it’s a straight-up sugar fest, so brace your sweet tooth.
Key Flavor: Gooey Chocolate and Butterscotch Heaven It’s like diving into a pool of chocolatey, butterscotch bliss.
Skill Level: Easy
- Texture Galore: The soft, chewy interior paired with a slightly crispy edge? Chef’s kiss!
- Flavor Explosion: Every bite is a journey through chocolate chip cookie nirvana.
- Easy on the Eyes: This is the kind of cake that gets the ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ before it’s even tasted.
- Perfect for Sharing: Or not… we totally get if you want this all to yourself.
- Baker’s Joy: The process is just as delightful as the eating. Get ready to fall in love with baking all over again!
- All-Purpose Flour: The backbone, ensuring your cake holds up but stays tender.
- Cornstarch: The secret ingredient for extra softness.
- Salt: Balances sweetness and enhances overall flavor.
- Baking Powder & Soda: Provides the necessary lift for a perfect cookie cake.
- Unsalted Butter: Soft and ready, adds richness.
- Granulated Sugar: Brings the classic sweet touch.
- Brown Sugar: Adds moisture and a hint of caramel.
- Eggs + Yolks: Binds ingredients together, adding richness.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Elevates the flavor to top-notch.
- Chocolate Chips: Gooey, melty bits of joy in every bite.
- Butterscotch Chips: A sweet, buttery twist for an extra flavor kick.
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
This dessert isn’t for those who want to half step in the cookie department. This is about having one of those desserts that completely satisfies every cookie craving and addiction inside of you with one single bite.
To create the recipe, I started with my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. I piled the dough into my cast iron skillet and baked it until just barely cooked. I prefer my cookie underdone but if you want a crispier cookie, you can certainly bake it longer.
I didn’t let it cool long, added ice cream and dug right in. In fact, this baby didn’t last long at all.
More Great Cookie Recipes
If you think this chocolate chip cookie cake with butterscotch chips looks amazing, you might want to try some of my other cookie recipes including these crispy chocolate chip cookies, key lime cookies, red velvet cookies and salted caramel chocolate chip cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Butterscotch Chips
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
- Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well-combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cast iron or deep dish skillet with non-stick baking spray.
- Pat all of cookie dough into the pan then bake for 20-35 minutes depending on how well done you want the cookie to be.
- Cookie may seem underdone but let it cool until warm to begin setting then serve.