TRADITIONAL MARDI GRAS KING CAKE
WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND KING CAKE?
EASY KING CAKE RECIPE
EASY KING CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Two Cans of Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- One large egg
- Cream Cheese frosting
- Green, purple and yellow sanding sugar
HOW TO MAKE KING CAKE
NEW ORLEANS RECIPES
Mardi Gras King Cake - Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake gets a fast and easy, yet still delicious update by using refrigerated cinnamon rolls. It's one easy king cake recipe!
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Green, purple, and yellow sanding sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and liberally spray a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Open the cinnamon roll cans and add a row to the bottom of the pan.
- Lightly brush the row with the beaten eggs then add another row, each time brushing with eggs, until all cinnamon rolls are in the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until solid and no longer jiggling.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes then turn out on serving plate.
- Allow to cool until slightly warm then spread cream cheese frosting over the top and sprinkle with sanding sugar, alternating all colors.
Add tiny plastic baby if you wish to the cinnamon roll dough before baking.