This Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake featuring Thin Mints is super easy to put together and delicious to eat! A glorious and fun ode to Girl Scout Cookies! If you love this, you will also love this Animal Cookie Ice Cream Cake.
Get ready for some Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream Cake Magic! Pull out those Thin Mints you just bought and get ready to make the easiest treat ever!
This Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake is beyond easy to throw together. So easy, in fact, that I don’t have a real recipe for it. It really takes some Girl Scout Cookies, namely Thin Mints, Mint Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream (check out my delicious homemade recipe HERE), Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream. That’s it! You can layer and add these items in any order you would like.
I will share below some guidelines in this sort of recipe but overall, this is about fun and making this as simple as possible so your kids and young Girl Scouts can take over and make this their project in the kitchen! This recipe is beyond kid friendly!
And make sure you check out the fun video I did with the Girl Scouts of Great Chicago and Northwest Indiana below and HERE!
And for my Girl Scout Cookies Strawberry Ice Cream Cake using Trefoils, click HERE!
Girl Scout Cookies Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
- 1 Girl Scout Thin Mints Box crushed
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 quarts mint ice cream, softened
- 1 bottle chocolate sauce
- 8 ounces refrigerated whipped topping
- Line the outside of a 9 inch round baking pan (or springform pan or pie plate) with plastic wrap.
- Begin creating layers inside the pan. You can start with vanilla ice cream smoothing with a spatula until smooth then freeze for 45 minutes then layer with crushed cookies and chocolate sauce then layer with mint ice cream and whipped topping.
- Top decoratively with chocolate sauce and remaining mint cookies and freeze overnight or for at least 8 hours then cut and serve.