This Peppermint One Bowl Brownies Recipe couldn’t be easier! A delicious and easy holiday spin on classic and decadent one bowl brownies filled with indulgent chocolate flavor and topped with delicious peppermint frosting. If you love chocolate and peppermint pairs, definitely check out this Chocolate Pound Cake with Peppermint Ganache, Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream, Peppermint Chocolate Pie and Peppermint French Silk Pie!
Disclosure: This Peppermint Brownies recipe post is sponsored by McCormick but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for the partnership.
Decadent Peppermint Brownies Recipe! Perfect for the Holidays or anytime of year!
My kitchen has literally exploded now that December has arrived. There’s frosting in my hair, and I’m covered in flour and sugar most of the day. Honestly, I’m a tiny bit tired of Christmas cookies and have decided to try something new…Christmas Brownies!
With everyone in such a hurry this season, no one has time to reinvent the holiday treats wheel. I had this epiphany when I gave myself a migraine trying to come up with new and inventive dessert ideas that would place me in the genius category this holiday season.
For some reason, I decided that the oldies but oh so goodies could be turned up a notch for the holidays. No need for me to go back to the drawing board when treats like one bowl brownies are always delicious no matter when you serve them.
Ingredients for One Bowl Brownies
This recipe for one bowl brownies is a super simple one. The requires dumping everything in one bowl which is super preferred during the busy holiday season. Here are the ingredients that make these brownies super fudgy and indulgent with minimal hard work:
- Melted Butter
- Cocoa Powder
By starting with a melted butter instead of a room temperature butter typical in most baking, it takes away the need for a stand mixer or hand mixer. You can simply whisk together the butter and two sugars, brown sugar and granulated sugar. (Brown sugar makes these even chewier!)
Oil also helps these stay super moist and delicious. They are the perfect texture. By whisking together all of the wet ingredients and then incorporating the dry ingredients, you can make this brownie mix super easy! Also we just use cocoa powder here which blends in well with the flour and doesn’t require you to melt chocolate to make the recipe.
These peppermint brownies literally melt in your mouth, and the texture is perfection. I love how fast these come together, and I adore the fact that I seriously just start dumping ingredients into a bowl and mixing them until they are nice and smooth.
How To Make Peppermint Frosting for Peppermint Brownies
I decided to add some Christmas flair to my perfect one bowl brownies by giving it a delicious peppermint frosting twist with McCormick pure peppermint extract. The peppermint brownies themselves are chewy, chocolatey and just plain decadent.
You can literally leave them as is or have fun by adding some additional peppermint extract there if you wish but I think by leaving them plain, you add more versatility.
This frosting is made with cocoa powder as well which cuts down on time of melting solid chocolate to achieve the silkiness of the peppermint frosting.
The Christmas twist is the frosting which is seriously just as easy to make and so creamy and full of peppermint flavor. Just a hint of McCormick peppermint extract is all you need to get in the holiday mood.
The flavor is so pure that a little goes a long way. That’s because there are two pounds of 100% peppermint leaves (grown in the Pacific Northwest) in each bottle, which means you are getting 100% pure flavor every single time you use it!
It is so refreshing and yummy, and it is a wonderful way to add some holiday flair to a classic everyday dessert made all year round.
If you like these One Bowl Brownies, Here are Other Brownie Recipes!
If you like this Peppermint One Bowl Brownies recipe, then you’ll love some of my other great brownie recipes.
- COOKIES AND CREAM BROWNIES
- CARAMEL PRETZEL BROWNIES
- MISSISSIPPI MUD BROWNIES
- SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN BROWNIES
Peppermint One Bowl Brownies Recipe
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted then cooled 1 stick
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Peppermint Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Crushed peppermint for garnish
For the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 8x8 sized baking pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, add melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar and whisk together.
- Next add in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition to incorporate.
- Mix in oil and vanilla extract.
- In intervals, slowly add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until batter is well mixed, smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add brownie batter to 8x8 sized baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Don't overbake.
- Remove brownies and cool on cooling rack while you make the frosting.
For the Peppermint Frosting:
- Add butter to stand mixer and mix on medium speed until fluffy.
- Next slow down mixer to slowest speed and carefully add cocoa powder and powdered sugar to butter. Once it begins to mix in, speed the mixer up to medium speed and allow until everything is incorporated and fluffy.
- Then add in vanilla extract, peppermint extract and milk and mix until completely fluffy and well incorporated.
- Spread frosting over brownies then sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Cut into squares and serve.