These are way better than Totino’s Pizza Rolls! My Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe is filled with meat, cheese, tomato sauce and rolled in a perfect from scratch yeasted dough that are the pizza night upgrade you didn’t know you needed. Perfect for Game Nights and Fun Entertaining. If you are looking for more finger foods to serve at your next gathering, check out my Empanadas, Tomato Tarts, Shrimp Fajita Quesadillas, Salmon Croquettes, Spinach Dip Garlic Rolls and Shrimp Potato Skins.
The BEST Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe
This week I thought I would take my own spin on the traditional Pizza Friday night with my recipe for Meaty Pizza Rolls.
Being a Chicago girl at heart, I grew up enjoying regular pizza nights with my family. We loved exploring the city’s pizza varieties together. One week we would have stuffed pizza from Edwardo’s or Gino’s East, and the next it would be classic thin crust from Nino’s or Aurelio’s. Each pizza was uniquely delicious and memorable, mostly because I enjoyed them with my family.
Nowadays, I keep the tradition alive with my own family with a new addition: Homemade Pizza Rolls!
Making Totino’s Pizza Rolls from Scratch
Just like many others, I was once a broke college student looking for cheap alternatives to my favorite foods. My friends and I couldn’t always afford to order a pizza so instead, we ate pizza rolls. Totino’s Pizza Rolls are a snack we all know well. Though they weren’t healthy, they sure did taste good.
Now that I’m all grown up, I can’t really justify my choice to dip back into my old Totino’s ways. So I’ve created a recipe that combines my homemade pizza making skills with my love for pizza rolls. And let me tell you, they are so much better.
How To Make Homemade Pizza Rolls
Start the process by cutting your dough into two equally-sized balls. Roll out each dough ball into large rectangles. Then, spread out your favorite sauce and get crazy with your toppings. Meat, cheese and veggies galore!
The same way you would with cinnamon rolls, roll the dough up and cut into smaller rolls. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top before placing them in a preheated oven.
By the end you’ll have better pizza rolls than Tostino’s could ever dream about!
If You Love Pizza Rolls, You will Love These Other Game Day Foods
This recipe is perfect for football season or for fun appetizers at an upcoming party. Speaking of fun appetizers and football season, here are a few more great recipes for appetizers and game day foods:
- GAME DAY PIZZA NACHOS
- BAKED SPAGHETTI
- CRISPY BUFFALO WINGS
- BLACKENED SHRIMP NACHOS
- MANGO JERK WINGS
- COKE CARAMEL POPCORN
Meaty Pizza Rolls
- 1 Napoli Inspired Pizza Dough recipe found HERE
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 large sausages- removed from casing cooked and crumbled
- 20 pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Parsley for garnish
- Make Napoli Inspired Pizza Dough according to the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Next cut dough into two smaller balls.
- Roll each out to a large rectangle shape.
- Brush 1/2 cup of pizza sauce on each rectangle shaped dough.
- Add cooked sausage and pepperoni to each dough.
- Next, sprinkle cheese on each dough.
- Starting at the top of the long side of the rectangle, gently roll the pizza into a roll.
- Using a serated knife, cut the dough into smaller rolls and place in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Spray the tops of the rolls with olive oil spray and sprinkle on parsley to garnish.
- Bake pizza rolls for 10-17 minutes or until rolls are browned and cheese is melted and serve.