This No-Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake starts with buttery graham cracker crust that’s topped with citrusy sweet and light cream cheese filling then topped with homemade whipped cream. It tastes just like a Creamsicle!! This easy-to-make cheesecake is destined to be the star of picnics and BBQs alike! If you love easy No Bake Cheesecakes like this, try my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake and my Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars!
With Summer right around the corner, I’ve been hard at work developing refreshing recipes meant to soothe even on the hottest of days. I’m drawing inspiration from some of my favorite childhood sunny season treats: popsicles. We can all recall memories of colorful, icey pops of various fruity flavors that dripped down our fingers and changed the color of our tongues. Such fun!
My favorite popsicle flavor? Orange Creamsicle! These sugary, cream filled popsicles were always abundant in my freezer. I relied on these cold delicacies to cool me down and re-energize me for the next round of outdoor play.
Even now that I’m all grown up, I still enjoy the occasional creamsicle. So, today I’m taking my favorite Summer sweet and turning it into something even sweeter!
WHAT IS A CREAMSICLE?
Growing up, I LOVED Orange Creamsicles so much! After spending long, hot days outside playing with friends and getting up to no good, I’d pop open the freezer in search of frozen treats. Creamsicles are refreshing fruit juice popsicles stuffed with a creamy, vanilla filling. Though they can come in various flavors, Orange Creamsicles are both the most well-known and, if you ask me, the most delicious.
I won’t lie, I recently enjoyed one of these bad boys and a thought occurred to me: this would taste AMAZING in cheesecake form. Citrusy, sweet and tangy, this Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is the perfect way to reinvent an beloved Summer delight.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMSICLE CHEESECAKE
Cheesecake is infamous for being difficult and time-consuming but I’m here to quiet that nonsense. This Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is simple, delicious and made with only 7 ingredients!
Let’s get our shopping list together, shall we?
Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Flavored with honey, molasses and sugar, graham crumbs make for the perfect sweet, crisp crust.
- I mean, who doesn’t love butter? It also helps to bind together the crust!
- Cream cheese is smooth, tangy and full of delicious fatty goodness.
- Creamsicles are notoriously super sweet, so the added sugar is necessary for the ultimate sugar rush.
- Sweet Satsuma oranges infuse an incredible amount of citrusy, slightly sour flavor. I used Dole Mandarin Oranges for this recipe.
- Earthy, floral and fragrant, vanilla gives our cream filling the classic creamsicle flavor.
- Whipped cream incorporates air into our cheesecake; this lightens up the texture and makes for an almost ice cream like meltiness.
CHEESECAKE TIPS AND TRICKS
Wanna make the perfect cheesecake? I got your back! Here are a few of my best pointers to ensure you make the BEST cheesecake possible.
Use Room Temperature Cream Cheese
Cream cheese that is too firm (aka cold) won’t mix well and will leave you with a lumpy mess. Be sure to use room temperature cream cheese and you’ll be rewarded with a smooth, lump-free cheesecake.
TIP: In a pinch, take the cream cheese out of the foil, cut into smaller pieces and microwave for about 10 seconds at a time until softened.
Don’t Overmix the Batter
Over mixing a batter will incorporate too much air. Be patient, use a low speed and only mix long enough to incorporate the ingredients.
Use a Springform Pan
if you’re a lover of cheesecake, this is a great investment. A springform pan makes for the easiest removal ever!
TIP: No springform pan? No problem. Line the bottom of a cake pan with either aluminum foil or parchment paper. Use enough of the material to hang over the sides of the pan. Once ready to serve, use the overhanging material to lift the cheesecake out of the pan.
MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKES
On the hunt for this Summer’s go-to dessert recipe? Treat yourself to a cool, creamy slice of heaven! Try out one of Grandbaby Cakes’ most decadent cheesecake creations below:
- NO BAKE BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
- THE BEST VANILLA NEW YORK CHEESECAKE
- MIAMI VICE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
- COOKIE CHEESECAKE SWIRL BARS
No Bake Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
For the Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature (2 block packages)
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 cup mandarin oranges in light syrup drained
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream (already whipped)
For the Crust
- Thoroughly grease a 9 inch springform pan. Next in a medium sized bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together until combined.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom (and sides) of the pan. Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- While cookie crust chills, add cream cheese, sugar, oranges and vanilla to your stand mixer or to a bowl with your hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into filling using a spatula.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and pour filling into it and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze cheesecake for at least 4 hours then use a hot knife cut slices. Keep frozen and put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate and garnish with additional whipped cream and remaining oranges.
I’ve never been a fan of no bake cheesecakes. But I have enjoyed several of your recipes. This one sounded tasty and not having been disappointed yet I made this today but instead opted to make them in parfait cups and they too were a hit! I didn’t freeze them. I just chilled them in the fridge for 3-4 hours prior to event. I would have like to have a bit more orange flavor come through. I may add more orange flavor next time. I also made the marble cakelettes but with vanilla frosting and my family loved them.
Planning on making this for Mother’s Day…looks so yummy & do love “Creamsicles”.
Was just wondering if you used cool whip or real whipping cream? Thanks & we’re going to love this cheesecake.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
You can use either. For ease, you can use cool whip.
Barbara Crocker says
If I make this on a Friday evening,will it still be good to serve on Sunday if refridgerated or should J freeze it.Thank-you.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
I would freeze it.
First time here, 47 male and I miss my aunt’s mandarin orange pie she called it but this looks GOOD and wish me luck (In law Thanksgiving) and this is my job and I’m scared to death! John