Sweet, tart and woodsy, this Honey, Blackberry and Sage Refresher Mocktail is a deliciously crisp and cool drink! Each sip of this non-alcoholic pick-me-up is packed with a whole-lot of flavor and body-loving nutrients!
Just this past month I survived my very first Texan heat wave and, boy, was it HOT! But because I love the heat so, I spent the better part of the last few days posted up on the porch with a drink in hand. I adore the warm breezes that kiss my skin and the condensation that rolls down my hand. With eyes kept closed and my drink constantly topped off, I was straight chillin’.
My drink of choice? This Honey, Blackberry and Sage Refresher! Made with fresh, simple ingredients, this thirst quencher makes for the most splendid sips ever. Don’t let this next heat wave catch you slippin’! Bust out the shaker and get to shaking up this fizzy find.
With only 6 ingredients, this recipe is an absolute no-brainer! On snoozy, slow-moving Summer afternoons, this refresher is go-to tonic. Each sip reminds me of porch swings and green gardens.
Do yourself a favor, serve yourself (and maybe your honey) a glass of this lovely libation!
- Blackberries – fresh, plump and full of sweet, slightly tart juice, blackberries make for a well-balanced and refreshing drink.
- Honey– an incredible source of antioxidants, honey is an earthy, nutritious addition to this recipe. The added floral sweetness is more than welcome too.
- Sage– sage has a pronounced herbal flavor that is slightly peppery with hints of mint, eucalyptus and lemon. Being such a rich ingredient, sage can hold its own against just about anything.
- Lime Juice– acidic lime juice adds a distinct zesty, sour flavor.
- Ginger Beer– fermented ginger beer is full of health benefits: boosted immunity, mood enhancement, anti-inflammatory properties and even blood circulation! The warm, earthy and citrusy notes of flavor in ginger lends itself perfectly to this invigorator.
- Seltzer Water– there’s something so satisfying about fizzy water poured over icey drinks. Who couldn’t use a little more hydration too?
How to Make A Blackberry Honey Refresher
- Berry-Sage Mashup:
- Cocktail shaker’s your stage: blackberries, honey, sage – mash ’em up! Ice? Toss it in for a chill vibe.
- Shake it Up:
- Pour in the pizzazz: lime juice and ginger beer. Seal it, then shake it like you mean it.
- Serving with Swagger:
- Strain the sweet nectar into ice-filled glasses.
- Fizzy Finale:
- Crown each glass with seltzer, say a cup should do.
- Garnish & Groove:
- Jazz up with blackberries, sage leaves, and serve!
TIP: Don’t have a cocktail shaker on hand? Try using an insulated, lidded canister or travel mug. Just be sure it seals tightly and the mouthpiece can be covered. Use the mouthpiece as your “strainer”.
This fizzy drink is wonderful as is but, if you’re looking to mix things up, I’m here for it. Try using raspberries, blueberries or even strawberries instead of blackberries: any fresh Summer berry works.
Don’t have sage on hand? Use basil, thyme or rosemary! Any excuse to use up leftover herbs is a win.
And folks, when it’s really hot or you’re in need of a pick-me-up, add in a couple splashes of your favorite gin or vodka. No shame, we all deserve a little treat sometimes.
Summers are best spent being lazy, soaking in the Vitamin D and sippin’ on something extra sweet! Be sure to fill the ice tray and chill the glasses because, boy, do I have the perfect recipes for you.
Check ‘em out:
Honey, Blackberry and Sage Refresher
- 8 fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 fresh sage leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup ginger beeer or ginger ale
- 2 cup seltzer water divided
- In a cocktail shaker, mix together the blackberries, honey, and sage until well mixed. If necessary, add ice to help mash together the ingredients.
- Add the lime juice and ginger beer, cover, and shake to mix.
- Strain the mixture into two glasses with ice.
- Top off each glass with 1 cup of seltzer.
- Garnish with blackberries and sage leaves then, serve.