This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smirnoff . All opinions are 100% mine.
Flavorful and Fun Berry Rhubarb Punch featuring Smirnoff Raspberry. This is the perfect summer drink for entertaining!
This summer, I’m excited to partner with Smirnoff to share some delicious, simple and fun punch recipes that are sure to make your next summer gathering unforgettable. June marks the official start of summer fun. It is not only my birthday month (my bday was on the 7th but I’m still accepting gifts), it is also Pride Month! Most consider pride month a celebration exclusive to the LGBT community but Smirnoff and I believe pride is all about inclusion so that means anyone and everyone can participate! Smirnoff’s motto “Exclusively for Everybody” says it best.
Pride month is all about being yourself and celebrating who you uniquely are, and anyone can do that! The LGBT community will be kicking off celebrations throughout June all over the country from New York to San Francisco, and you can have just as much fun planning celebrations of your own! I recommend you start with this Berry Rhubarb Punch.
Not only is this punch simple to make, it is filled with in-season fruit and vegetables that truly capture the spirit of summer. Strawberries, raspberries and rhubarb are not just for your summer pie baking. Together, they make one mean punch brimming with seasonal flavor and dramatic colors. The punch begins with a berry rhubarb simple syrup that creates the most fantastic deep ruby color. Coupled with ginger-ale and Smirnoff Raspberry, which has the most subtle yet amazing hint of raspberry essence, the final recipe packs a fantastic “punch” (pun intended) of tangy fizz, fruity deliciousness, refreshing mint, sugary sweetness and responsible alcoholic bliss. I’m sure you will want to make this time and time again for your adult parties this season.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- Handful of mint
- 2 1/2 cups ginger-ale
- 1 cup Smirnoff Raspberry
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- For Garnish: Chopped rhubarb and fresh mint for glasses
- Add water, sugar, strawberries, raspberries, rhubarb and mint to a medium sized pot over medium high heat and stir together allowing sugar to dissolve.
- Bring liquid to a boil then lower heat to medium and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, strain the mixture leaving just the liquid. Cool to room temperature.
- Add Raspberry Smirnoff and ginger-ale to simple syrup and stir together until well combined.
- Add berries to punch then add to pitcher.
- When serving punch, fill glasses with ice, pour in punch then add one mint leaf and one chopped rhubarb stalk straw to each glass and enjoy!