St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Pizza – a Chicago inspired deep dish dessert pizza Irish desserts have never been better with the help of BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Original Irish Cream and chocolate cream!
Disclosure: I was compensated by BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
CHICAGO PIZZA: INSPIRATION FOR IRISH DESSERTS
Chicago is my kind of town, and no one does St. Patrick’s Day better than we do. We really get into the spirit of the holiday by dying our incredible river green. Seriously it is a sight to behold. Because Chicago gives their all to St. Patty’s Day, I thought a recipe sharing the spirit of Chicago coupled with the deliciousness of BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Original Irish Cream would create one of the world’s best Irish desserts. I can’t tell you how excited I was to develop this deep dish dessert pizza recipe for the BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers’ Search for America’s Favorite St. Patrick’s Day! Can you think of anything more “Chicago” than pizza? I seriously couldn’t.
HOW TO MAKE ST. PATRICK’S DAY DESSERT PIZZA
DECORATING THIS LOVELIEST OF IRISH DESSERT RECIPES
St. Patrick's Day Dessert Pizza - a Chicago inspired deep dish dessert pizza Irish desserts have never been better with the help of BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Original Irish Cream and chocolate cream!
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough at room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks beaten
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup BAILEY'S Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream Flavor
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Liberally spray a 9" inch springform pan with non-stick baking spray. Using your fingers and a little flour, gently press the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes then remove from the oven. Using a small spoon, press the cookie dough half way up the sides of the springform pan to create deep dish crust then let it set.
- Mix together egg yolks and granulated sugar on medium high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Next add in cornstarch, salt, and cocoa powder and lower speed.
- Lastly, add in heavy whipping cream, BAILEY'S Coffee Creamer and milk and mix together scraping down the sides and bottom to thoroughly blend mixture.
- Transfer from mixing bowl to large pot over medium heat until mixture begins to boil whisking the entire time.
- Once filling has thickened significantly, turn off heat and swirl in butter and vanilla and whisk together until glossy and smooth. Let cream chill until it is barely warm.
- After the filling has cooled a bit, add it to the cookie crust and smooth out until even.
- Place the pizza in the freezer for 1 hour or refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Add heavy whipping cream to the bowl of your mixer and beat on high speed.
- Once peaks slowly begin to develop, add in powdered sugar and beat until heavy peaks have formed.
- Evenly spread the whipped cream over the top of the chocolate cream then decorate with whatever toppings you prefer. Keep dessert pizza refrigerated until ready to serve. (Gently remove the pizza from the sides of the springform pan before serving).