Strawberry Margarita Pie – An absolutely delicious and berry filled no bake pie that comes out creamy and irresistible with just a few ingredients. Just as simple as my Kool Aid Pie or even my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars, this easy recipe is a must for your relaxed baking menu.
Chicago summers are as good as it gets. For those of you who live in Chicago, you know what I’m talking about. Winter here is nothing short of brutal: winds are bone-chilling, coats are uncomfortably puffy and the vitamin D deficiency is real. We struggle for months in anticipation of the day a warm breeze blows across our faces. The signs of warmer weather begin to appear in the budding tulips and the flocks of people strolling down Lake Shore Drive on a Sunday afternoon. Slowly but surely the sun’s rays become stronger and the restaurant patio furniture starts to spill out onto sidewalks.
Next thing you know everyday strangers are busting out sunglasses, sandals and rusty bikes used to explore the city. Summer brings Chicago to life in a way you’d rarely find in any other city. Daily farmers’ markets and street music festivals offer tourists and citizens alike to gather and find magic on sticky nights. Whether you’re watching fireworks on Navy Pier or wading in the water at Montrose Beach, you can feel the rise in positive energy across the city. If you haven’t experienced Chicago at its finest you are missing out.
As an adult, summer has changed its tone in my life a bit. While kids are lucky enough to be free for the summer to ride bikes, spend days by the lake with friends and enjoy midday ice cream cones, we as adults continue our work. We hustle through our work week knowing that eventually we will be rewarded with two days of sweet freedom. So when Friday afternoon finally rolls around we find ways to take advantage. You can kayak on the lake or find a rooftop to have a picnic and count the stars. Possibilities are endless, just like they were when we were kids but without the curfew.
I love all things summer but what I love the most is summertime food and drinks. There is nothing like sitting out on a patio on a warm night with a refreshing cocktail in hand. When the temperatures are scorching I crave the condensation from a cold glass dripping down my hand. Each sip soothes me just as I begin to think I’m going to overheat. I can already feel myself reaching out for my favorite margarita. I mean, who doesn’t love fresh citrus and quality tequila.
WHAT IS A STRAWBERRY MARGARITA PIE ?
This year I’ve decided to get even more creative with a classic cocktail. Nothing can beat a true margarita but sometimes you gotta put a spin on it. So after lots of brainstorming a crazy thought occurred to me: what if I combined my favorite summer drink with my favorite dessert? You get Strawberry Margarita Pie. Yes, it is just as refreshing and sweet as it sounds. The best part of this recipe is the simplicity. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make, has very simple steps, is absolutely gorgeous, and did I mention that it has tequila in it? And not just any tequila but Casa Noble, an ultra premium organic tequila. The strawberry flavor is so lovely but the tequila really stands out in the best way.
And of course the graham cracker crust is absolutely sensational, and I show you exactly how to make it. I think I found my new favorite barbecue dessert recipe. I am sure that all of my friends will be quite thankful for a slice of this Strawberry Margarita Pie, and a bit tipsy too!
Strawberry Margarita Pie
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- Strawberries and lime slices for garnish
To Make Crust:
- Follow instructions for pie crust here. https://grandbaby-cakes.com/how-to-make-graham-cracker-crust-recipe/
To Make Filling:
- Add strawberries, zest, lime juice, condensed milk, tequila, and orange juice to your blender or food processor and blend or pulse until completely smooth.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks appear. You can tell by making sure the whipped cream stays on the beaters.
- Pour strawberry mixture from the blender to a large bowl then slowly fold in 1/2 of the whipped cream then fold in the final amount until everything is completely smooth and well combined.
- Add the filling to a completely room temperature crust and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Remove pie from of the freezer an hour before serving and enjoy!