Disclosure: I partnered with the Land O Lakes for this recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
So, if you have been following along with me this year, you know my baby girl is now seven months old! OMG seriously I cannot believe how quickly time is passing. I am desperately trying to hold on to each and every fleeting moment with a fierceness I can’t quite explain. I’ve slowed down my travel schedule as a result, and I’m trying to be a bit more conscious of the time and effort it takes me to complete certain tasks.
EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS
CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS
This Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe is a complete meal that is easy, creamy and prepared in record time! Flavorful chicken and broccoli, with a Cajun flair, stuffed inside of tender pasta shells and smothered with cheese is next level. Perfect for busy weeknights, you can make this hearty meal for your family without spending hours over the stove.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS RECIPE
Cooked chicken is at the heart of this recipe. It’s a great way to use leftover chicken. Prepared rotisserie chickens found at your local grocery store are an awesome time-saver for this recipe, too. The sidekick to the chicken is the decadent cream sauce. I start my sauce using Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil because its quality is undefeated. Made with only sweet cream, canola oil and salt, Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil gives you the fresh butter taste you love while adding the creamy texture needed in this sauce. It’s almost too good to be true! Lucky for us, it is true.
As for the other flavors, I like to keep it simple yet flavorful. The Italian seasoning and cheeses add the classic essences you might find in a fettuccine alfredo, spaghetti or Italian pot roast, but the Cajun seasoning is what really turns it up a notch here and makes it unique. It adds that extra kick of spice that leaves the tongue tingling and the belly waiting for more. Of course, we add some broccoli to round out the diet and get in a little green. Makes it a bit healthier, am I right? The final product is glorious. Packed with chicken, spice and a creamy buttery sauce, this Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe is just magical.
At times, preparing meals for yourself or the family can feel overwhelming or time-consuming. Believe me, I understand. So, do yourself a favor, put together a few simple recipes that you not only love to eat, but enjoy making. I promise you these Chicken Stuffed Shells will be one of them!
For more delicious Italian favorites, check out these recipes:
- If you love stuffed shells, you will adore this Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells version.
- There is nothing more satisfying than this comforting Italian Pot Roast recipe.
- If you love a classic, try my amazing Spaghetti and Meatballs.
- Want a vegetarian version of your favorite, try my Lentil Meatballs!
- Don’t forget the most perfect Garlic bread recipe to serve with your Italian dish!
Flavorful chicken and broccoli are stuffed inside of tender pasta shells and smothered with cheese and a decadent cajun cream sauce. Next level!
- 1/2 (12 ounce) box jumbo shells 6 ounces total
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt (if needed) to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 cup broccoli cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to the instructions on the box and set aside separately to bring back to room temperature.
- Add Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Once melted, add garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds making sure not to overcook and cause burning.
- Add heavy cream, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, ½ tablespoon of creole seasoning, and all of the Italian seasoning and stir to mix together. Bring cream sauce to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes to thicken. Once thickened, remove from heat and pour into a large baking pan and set aside.
- Next in a separate medium sized bowl, add ricotta cheese, chicken, broccoli, onion, remaining parmesan and remaining creole seasoning and stir together to combine well.
- Stuff room temperature shells with chicken mixture and add to bottom of sauced baking pan.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has completely melted and is bubbling. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, garnish with parsley and serve.