Comfort food is a language. I consider myself fluent in its art. That’s because I grew up in a family where its language was considered as important as English. A dinner filled with warmth and love speaks volumes, even when healthy.
WHAT MAKES THIS LEMON ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE SO SPECIAL?
HOW TO MAKE ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES
I have served this Lemon Roast Chicken dish using a whole chicken for company and for a mid-weeknight dinner using pieces. The results are the same, and the feedback is the same. The comfort and love is always felt.
Looking for another roasted chicken recipe, try my Orange Honey Roast Chicken recipe or my Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken. And if you are looking for something special to serve this with, try my easy homemade garlic bread recipe or corn muffins.
Some of the products I used for this recipe are:
Need a delicious and easy meal for tonight? There’s nothing like a roasted chicken! Try my absolutely sensational Lemon Roast Chicken and Potatoes for a sophisticated weeknight or weekend dinner.
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper and lemon pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound chicken pieces
- 2 small lemons sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add potato slices and onions to the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon pepper to taste.
- Season with half of garlic powder and paprika.
- Season both sides of chicken pieces with salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
- Place chicken facing up on top of potatoes and onions.
- Season with remaining garlic powder and paprika.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice then add lemon slices to pan.
- Cover dutch oven and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes and onions are tender and caramelized. If you want to brown the top of the dish further and add more color, place under a broiler for a few minutes until it reaches the color you prefer.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.