MAKING HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD
EASY GARLIC BREAD SPREAD INGREDIENTS
- Butter (I use salted since it is already super flavorful and cuts down on the ingredients you need to add)
- Minced Garlic (grab a bulb of garlic to chop your own)
- Garlic Powder (the powder blends in easily with the spread making sure you get a taste of garlic in each bite of your bread that the minced garlic doesn’t reach)
- Chopped Parsley (adds color and flavor!)
- Olive Oil (use a high quality)
GARLIC BREAD SPREAD (Homemade Garlic Butter) TIPS
WHAT BREAD IS BEST FOR GARLIC BREAD?
To begin, make sure you start with a quality baked bread. I love to grab a nice baguette from bakery section of my grocery store.
You can either go for French or Italian baked bread but fresh is key.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREAD WITH REGULAR BREAD (SLICED BREAD)
You can easily take the garlic bread spread recipe here and add it to any bread you have lying around. If you have sandwich white or wheat bread, simply spread some on top and toast for a shorter amount of time since it is much thinner than a baguette and should toast quickly.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREAD FROM SCRATCH
WHAT DO YOU EAT HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD WITH?
This bread is seriously fantastic served with my Italian pot roast recipe, this brown butter pasta, this chicken piccata recipe, this stuffed shells recipe or my lentil meatballs and spaghetti recipe.
- If you adore stuffed shells, check out my Chicken Stuffed Shells. Next level!
- If you love a classic, try my amazing Spaghetti and Meatballs.
Also check out these Garlic Cheese Breadsticks!!!! They are so wonderful for a cheesy twist on the classic.
Garlic Bread Recipe (How to Make Garlic Bread)
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread roll in half lengthwise.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, minced garlic, garlic powder, parsley, olive oil and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Liberally spread garlic butter mixture on each half of bread.
- Bake bread for 10-14 minutes or until bread is crisp and top is golden brown.
- Cut bread into slices and serve.