Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe – Moist chicken thighs are marinated in flavors grounded in delicious garlic and seasonings and baked in a cast iron skillet until brown and crispy! If you love this, you will definitely love my Lemon Chicken and Rice Casserole, Wine Braised Garlic Chicken and Southern Baked Chicken Recipe!
Easy and flavorful weeknight dinners are becoming more and more important to me. This fall is shaping up to be a busy one. Work is crazier than ever, which I am so grateful for, and of course, I have my BabyCakes gearing up to make her fantastic debut this winter as well. With this hectic schedule, easy recipes like this crispy skillet baked garlic chicken are a necessity.
Meals like this Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken recipe are helping me stay on task to eating pretty healthy during this pregnancy but also not wasting a ton of time on preparing dinner. I just don’t have the time anymore. However I hardly feel guilty when dinner comes out as delicious as this. This recipe is a hit y’all! The flavors are insanely incredible.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SKILLET BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN
This chicken recipe is pretty simple to make. You simply sear both sides of your chicken thighs and then put them in a cast iron skillet afterwards and bake for 15-20 minutes. Before the baking process begins, you have to marinate your chicken thighs for at least 45 minutes in a homemade marinade composed of the following ingredients:
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- lime juice
- brown sugar
- garlic salt
- cayenne pepper and black pepper
Once completed, this baked garlic chicken will be moist and tender and will give your taste buds something they’ll never forget!
WHY MAKE THIS BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN?
If you love garlic, you will get a ton of that flavor in this. The marinade is to die for. Every ounce of flavor in the seasonings comes through in the skin of the chicken. Now let’s talk skin! I’m talking perfectly crisp browned chicken thigh skin with moist insides that melt in your mouth. Each bite is infused with flavor, and you won’t be able to get enough. With all my families out there struggling to keep it together with the school year in full swing, turn to this option for weeknight dinner.
MORE GREAT CHICKEN RECIPES
If you like this skillet baked garlic chicken, then you’ll love the following chicken recipes:
Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe
Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe – Moist chicken thighs are marinated in flavors grounded in delicious garlic and seasonings and baked in a cast iron skillet until brown and crispy!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5-6 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- Garnish: cilantro, parsley, and limes
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, brown sugar, garlic salt, cumin, cayenne, and black pepper and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs directly into a the marinade and toss making sure the chicken is completely covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes letting it soak into the chicken.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and butter to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin down along with the marinade to the skillet. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until you get a nice golden color and a beautiful crispy skin. Don't worry about the chicken not being cooked through yet.
- Transfer the chicken to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is totally cooked through with clear juices running (about 15-20 minutes).
- Garnish with cilantro and limes and enjoy!
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 270mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @GrandbabyCakes or tag #grandbabycakes!
Can you use chicken legs? Not really a lover of thighs. Recipes sounds delicious and from the reviews it is.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Yes I have heard my followers say they have done this with great success.
Lea Seabold says
Best easiest chicken.
Liane @ Foodie Digital says
The perfect baked chicken recipe to make on a busy weeknight. I prepared the marinade ahead so all that was left to do was sear the chicken and the put it in the oven the night off. And, it was so good!
wings io says
wow, the food looks delicious and attractive, I have never looked and also not enjoy any delicious and attractive dishes like this.
Janice M Clarke-Reiter says
I made this delicious chicken dish last night. My husband and I loved it! Thanks so much for sharing it.
You’re doing incredibly, Jocelyn – be sure to take moments to sit back and let it all sink in! How many beautiful things you have going on. This recipe looks like a keeper for sure. Crispy FTW!