BUSY SCHEDULE — EASY RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SKILLET BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- lime juice
- brown sugar
- garlic salt
- cayenne pepper and black pepper
WHY MAKE THIS BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN?
MORE GREAT CHICKEN RECIPES
Crispy Skillet Baked Garlic Chicken Recipe – Moist chicken thighs are marinated in flavors grounded in delicious garlic and seasonings and baked in a cast iron skillet until brown and crispy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5-6 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- Garnish: cilantro, parsley, and limes
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, minced garlic, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, brown sugar, garlic salt, cumin, cayenne, and black pepper and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs directly into a the marinade and toss making sure the chicken is completely covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes letting it soak into the chicken.
- Add remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and butter to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin down along with the marinade to the skillet. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side until you get a nice golden color and a beautiful crispy skin. Don't worry about the chicken not being cooked through yet.
- Transfer the chicken to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is totally cooked through with clear juices running (about 15-20 minutes).
- Garnish with cilantro and limes and enjoy!