Coca-Cola Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream – festive and decadent chocolate cupcakes utilizing the iconic coca-cola flavors combined with an unforgettable peppermint buttercream frosting.
Disclosure: I am excited to announce I work with Coca-Cola however all opinions expressed here are my own.
COCA-COLA CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Part of the joy of Christmas time for me is the baking. The holidays are the official baking season so I decided to start the holidays right with these Coca-Cola Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream. I LOVE using Coca-Cola in my baking recipes. If you haven’t tried my Coca-Cola cake, you are missing something truly special.
As I mentioned, I love holiday baking. Whether it’s pies, cookies or cakes, I can’t get enough of it. During the Christmas season, you can find a plethora of cookie and cake recipes. You rarely find a Christmas cupcake recipe. That’s the inspiration for these Coca-Cola Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream.
These cupcakes will go down in history as the most incredible chocolate cupcakes ever. The flavor is so delicious. The chocolate is deepened by the flavors of Coca-Cola. And these babies are super moist too with the right amount of sweetness.
I could only think of one thing that would make these cupcakes better (if that was even possible), and that was a creamy and smooth peppermint buttercream. Peppermint is the quintessential flavor for Christmas. I can guarantee you that this treat will become a Christmas favorite for years to come. It certainly has become mine.
If you like this dessert recipe, you’ll some of my other great peppermint and Coca-cola flavored recipes.
Coca-Cola Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream - festive and decadent chocolate cupcakes utilizing the iconic coca-cola flavors combined with an unforgettable peppermint buttercream frosting.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Garnish: 2 candy canes, crushed and round peppermints for cupcake tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your stand mixer, beat butter, oil and both sugars together on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Next add the egg and incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Turn mixer down to low speed and add half of flour mixture and incorporate.
- Next add half of Coca-Cola.
- Incorporate final half of flour mixture and then remaining Coca-Cola.
- Finally mix in vanilla extract and make sure the batter is well-mixed.
- Add cupcake liners to muffin pan and using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into liners filling 2/3s of the way.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake.
- Cool cupcakes to room temperature.
- In your stand mixer, add butter and salt at medium low speed.
- Next turn the mixer down to low and slowly add powdered sugar in small portions until all is added then turn the speed to medium high to combine.
- Add peppermint extract then heavy cream and mix until nice and fluffy.
- Pipe buttercream on room temperature cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed candy canes then top each cupcake with a round peppermint and serve.