Moist Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe that Melts In Your Mouth
Yellow cupcakes were my favorite thing ever for years. I think it has something to do with the fact that my mother hates chocolate. I know you could never imagine a single person hating chocolate but my mother is definitely in that camp.
Maybe hate is a somewhat strong word. She will eat it if there is a super small amount and it is completely covered in vanilla. Because I grew up like this, I couldn’t even imagine a chocolate cupcake taking a yellow cupcake’s place until this easy yet effective recipe made its way into my arsenal.
EASY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
This Easy Chocolate Cupcake recipe can all come together in one bowl which makes this so simple to create with few ingredients. Just a dump and mix method. These are the main ones you will need:
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
HOW TO MAKE MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE
For this perfect chocolate cupcakes recipe to work, the cupcakes need to be extremely rich, moist, tender, fluffy and of course chocolatey. To achieve all of this, you would think that a recipe would have to be incredibly complicated but it doesn’t have to be at all.
The ingredients that provide the most moistness are the combination of the oil. buttermilk, and even the brown sugar (because of the molasses addition).
The oil replaces the butter in this recipe. Usually a lot of cake and cupcake batters require creaming of butter and sugar but because this is really a dump and mix method, you use the oil to create a moist and tender cupcake while eliminating the mixing process.
What if I told you that these perfect chocolate cupcakes could be made without a stand mixer or even hand mixer? What if I also told you that all of the ingredients could be dumped in one bowl minimizing clean up and additional work? You might think that this would somehow diminish flavor and this recipe’s perfection but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In fact, this Moist Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe IS the truth!
If you Love this Best Chocolate Cupcake Recipe, Check out this!
They seriously turn out amazing every single time, and they are so easy that I had my kids in my baking workshop making them without blinking an eye. If you want perfect American Buttercream, check out my recipe for that as well. You will adore it.
- Want the best chocolate cake recipe that ever existed? This Chocolate Cake with a blackberry buttercream is decadent and insanely delicious.
- Try my Ultimate Chocolate Pound Cake recipe. It is decadent and insanely delicious.
- This Chocolate Birthday Cake is addictive!
- Love berries and chocolate like this recipe? Try my Raspberry Chocolate Cake!
Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add flour, both sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- In batches, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Lastly, mix in hot water and whisk until combined and perfectly smooth. The batter should be somewhat thin.
- Add batter to cupcake liners filling only halfway and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature before adding buttercream.