A deliciously easy and fun take on a classic: Frozen Banoffee Pie made with Blue Bunny vanilla ice cream. The perfect summer no-bake treat!
I know, I know! Summer is almost over. Well it isn’t quite over yet! I have just the treat that will allow you to linger in summer’s good graces a little while longer: Frozen Banoffee Pie.
Most of us know about how fantastic the traditional banoffee pie with its sensational caramel flavor and hints of banana throughout is. This pie definitely pays homage to the original but adds a very distinct and delicious ingredient to the mix: ice cream, Blue Bunny to be exact.
I simply added a full carton of softened Blue Bunny’s premium vanilla ice cream to a graham cracker crust over a lovely layer of caramel sauce and banana slices. Yep I did folks! Then I topped the ice cream with MORE caramel sauce and banana slices and fresh whipped cream. It was sensational! And it couldn’t have been easier to create this sensational frozen banoffee pie.
This pie is certainly the best way to prove that summer definitely isn’t over, and Blue Bunny truly believes that too! Blue Bunny is celebrating summer to the very last cone with The Final Cone-Down. Visit Blue Bunny’s Facebook page everyday September 8 through September 22 for a chance to win cool prizes, including personal electronics and great gear, that prove that summer isn’t quite over yet!
Follow along on social media using the hashtags #BlueBunnyWinBig and #FinalConeDown to join the fun, and make sure you check out this awesome video HERE on YouTube that shares even more about the amazing sweepstakes! Joining in the #FinalConeDown fun and having a slice of this pie of course is a guaranteed way to keep summer around a little while longer.
And P.S. If you leave me a comment below telling me why you aren’t ready for summer to end, you will be entered to win 1 of 5 Blue Bunny coupons!!!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 12.2 ounces caramel sauce
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 5.5 ounces Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream carton, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping carton or fresh whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and press down into the plate and around the sides. Bake for 10 minutes to set then allow to cool.
- Pour half of caramel sauce on bottom of graham cracker crust.. Arrange half of banana slices on bottom of pie.
- Spread softened ice cream on top of the crust then pour remaining caramel on top of ice cream and arrange final banana slices.
- Finally, top with whipped cream. Freeze pie for at least an hour and then serve. When not serving, freeze.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Bunny. All opinions are 100% mine.