This twist on the classic English dessert Banoffee Pie features bananas, decadent caramel sauce, delicious vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Perfect for spring and summer events! If you love frozen desserts like this perfect for entertaining, definitely try my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake, Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake, Kool Aid Pie and Margarita Pie!
The Perfect Banoffee Pie Made with Ice Cream!
I know, I know! Summer is almost over. Well it isn’t quite over yet! I have just the treat that will allow you to linger in summer’s good graces a little while longer: Frozen Banoffee Pie.
Most of us know about how fantastic the traditional banoffee pie with its sensational caramel flavor and hints of banana throughout is. This pie definitely pays homage to the original but adds a very distinct and delicious ingredient to the mix: ice cream, Blue Bunny to be exact.
What Is Banoffee Pie?
A Banoffee Pie is a classic English dessert made with bananas, cream and toffee. The usual way includes vanilla cream but it can also be made with chocolate or coffee as well.
The base is usually made with biscuits or cookies as the crust but it can also be made with graham cracker, which is what I used in this recipe.
The combination of toffee which is very similar to caramel or butterscotch along with bananas and cream is just to die for!
How To Make Banoffee Pie!
To start, I begin with a graham cracker crust. You can buy one from the grocery store or you can make your own graham cracker crust.
Next I add a layer of caramel sauce to the crust. Again, you can buy a wonderful artisan one at a quality grocery store or you can make the Real deal caramel icing which would take this over the top. Slices of banana slices are added as well.
Next I added a full carton of softened Blue Bunny’s premium vanilla ice cream over the top. Yep I did folks! Then I topped the ice cream with MORE caramel sauce and banana slices and fresh whipped cream. It was sensational! And it couldn’t have been easier to create this sensational frozen banoffee pie.
Other Frozen Desserts to Try
If you love this ice cream pie, try switching up the ice cream with my homemade ice creams! Try these!
Frozen Banoffee Pie
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 12.2 ounces caramel sauce
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- 5.5 ounces Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream carton, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping carton or fresh whipped cream
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and press down into the plate and around the sides. Bake for 10 minutes to set then allow to cool.
For the Filling:
- Pour half of caramel sauce on bottom of graham cracker crust.. Arrange half of banana slices on bottom of pie.
- Spread softened ice cream on top of the crust then pour remaining caramel on top of ice cream and arrange final banana slices.
- Finally, top with whipped cream. Freeze pie for at least an hour and then serve. When not serving, freeze.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Bunny. All opinions are 100% mine.