Jerk Shrimp Tacos: A sweet and spicy jerk marinade infuses this recipe with so much flavor!
These jerk shrimp tacos are so delicious that I had to share the recipe here.
I love a good jerk flavor. It infuses into whatever you cook or grill and becomes simply irresistible. This marinade is perfection. It has the perfect amount of heat and sweet with spices combining in the best ways. You could also try just using this Jamaican Jerk Seasoning to make this and have a mix all the time.
You can turn these into tacos because they are pretty amazing that way or leave them on a skewer and enjoy just as they are! Throw them on a salad if you want.
I could not get enough of this recipe and I am positive you will love it too! I used Lawry’s seasoning salt for this recipe as well!
Thank you Lawry’s for the partnership on this recipe. Also if you love this jerk recipe, you will definitely love my Mango Jerk Wings too!
Lastly if you want to get your grill on with some additional recipes, check these out:
- This Grilled Ribeye Steak with Tequila Glaze is everything!
- Grilled Proscuitto Arugula Pizza is necessary!
- What’s a grill without chicken? This Tequila Lime Chicken is necessary.
- This Carne Asada makes my life every time I grill it!
- And finally get this Grilled Catfish recipe or this Skirt Steak with Chimichurri on the grill immediately.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt plus more for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound deveined shrimp
- Optional: Corn tortillas, pico de gallo, cilantro, limes and red cabbage for serving.
- To make marinade, add olive oil to medium sized pan over medium heat. Saute onion until tender.
- Next add cooked onion, lime juice, orange juice, brown sugar, honey and all spices including 1 teaspoon of Lawry’s to a blender or food processor and grind until smooth.
- Pour marinade into a large plastic bag and add deveined shrimp completely submerging in the marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes (no more than 30).
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add 4 to each skewer and grill about 2-3 minutes on each side. Shrimp cook very quickly so watch and turn as soon as they begin to turn pink then remove once done.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and add to tortillas. Serve with pico de gallo, cilantro, limes, and shredded red cabbage or other favorite taco favorites.