This Jerk Salmon starts with a sweet, spicy and flavorful Caribbean marinade then it is topped with a fresh citrus hinted pineapple salsa. It combines combines aromatic spices, nutrient-rich fish fatty acids and a delicious tropical fruit salsa to create an easy and zesty weeknight dinner. This nutritious and bright dish will be your next go-to family meal!
The Heart and Soul of this Jerk Salmon Recipe
Cuisine Inspiration: Caribbean
Primary Cooking Method: Baking
Dietary Info: High-Protein, Gluten-Free (check jerk seasoning for gluten)
Key Flavor: Spicy, Sweet, Tangy
Skill Level: Easy Peasy, Y’all!
- Tropical Vibes: Bringing the Caribbean sun to your plate with a tantalizing mix of jerk spice and sweet pineapple.
- Grill Master Flex: Can bake indoors or perfect for BBQ days.
- Health Kick: Packed with proteins, omega-3s, and essential nutrients.
- Flavor Town: The spicy jerk seasoning clashing with the sweet, tangy pineapple salsa creates a fireworks show in your mouth!
- Crowd-Pleaser: Perfect for family dinners, impressing at date night, or just making any meal an island getaway!
Since becoming a mama, my kitchen has been overtaken by snacks. Between a full-time workday and toddler on the move, it’s essential to always be equipped. A hungry toddler (or Mama) is not fun.
Lately, I’ve been keeping my fridge stocked with Dole’s newest Fridge Packs. Each pack features all-natural fruit packed in fruit juice so I feel so good about feeding this to my family. It is also gluten-free, rich in Vitamin C, and non-GMO. Even the packaging is BPA free! Not only are these fruit packs an easy, nutritious snack choice, but they’re perfect for spicing up a weeknight meal.
From stir-fry’s and decadent desserts to this tropical fruit salsa I added to my Jerk Salmon, Dole Fridge Packs are the perfect way to put those mommy snacks to work! You can find them right in your canned aisle at your local grocery store.
This recipe begins with an amazing Jerk seasoning that kicks up amazing flavor. Jerk is a combination of sweet, tropical spices and one or two savory herbs coupled with a pleasant heat. .
To make this quick dinner even quicker, make a batch of this Jerk Seasoning and store it in the spice drawer. You’ll thank me later!
If you’re looking to pack more nutrients into your daily diet, salmon is the way to go. I make quite a bit of salmon on my website like this Air Fryer Salmon which is quite popular.
I created a jerk spiced glaze that brings out the amazing flavor of the salmon.
With key ingredients and additions like brown sugar, honey, lime juice and olive oil, it creates a paste consistency that not only seeps into the fish making it more flavorful but also coats and sticks to the fish caramelizing it as it bakes.
This recipe couldn’t be easier and is a wonderful compliment to the jerk salmon. It tastes incredibly tropical and fresh. I used the following key ingredients:
Dole Fridge Pack Mixed Fruit
Dole Fridge Packs are the hidden gem in every mom’s tool belt. Each pack includes peaches, pears and pineapples, just waiting to be utilized.
The addition of fruit in our salsa balances out the heat by layering in sweetness. Winning!
Tip: I used the Mixed Fruit variety here to really vary up the textures, but you can also just use the Pineapple Chunks variety if that is your preference.
Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes & Cilantro
Where would a salsa be without these warriors? Peppers add heat, onions make for a slightly bitter bite, tomatoes balance out texture and cilantro keeps things light and fresh. Together, these ingredients make for refreshing, tasty salsa that goes on just about everything.
Citrus is the key to brightening up any salsa. A few squeezes of lime creates a tangy, fresh and lively mixture. Lime juice also prevents your perishable ingredients from oxidizing too quickly.
How to Make Jerk Salmon
For the Salmon:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix up your jerk seasoning with brown sugar, honey, spices, and lime juice.
- Place salmon on a prepped baking sheet and lavish them with the jerk magic.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until your salmon hits the perfect note.
For the Salsa:
- While salmon’s baking, mix pineapple, pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Season as you like.
- Top your cooked salmon with this vibrant Pineapple Salsa.
What Sides Do I Serve with Jerk Salmon?
Turn this salmon into a complete meal by tossing together a wonderful complimentary side dish!
Here a few of Grandbaby Cakes’ BEST sides:
How to Store and Reheat
To store, place leftover Jerk Salmon and Pineapple Salsa separately in airtight containers, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When the craving hits again, reheat the salmon in a preheated oven at 275 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through, keeping it tender and juicy. For a fresh kick, serve with the chilled Pineapple Salsa or briefly warm the salsa if you prefer it cozy!
Amazing Jerk Recipes to Try
Jerk Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
For the Salmon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets 6 ounces each
For the Salsa
- 1 cup Dole Fridge Pack Mixed Fruit (or Pineapple)
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno stemmed, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
For the Salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together brown sugar, honey, allspice, cumin, lime juice, salt, thyme, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add salmon to a non-stick foil lined baking sheet greased sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the jerk sauce on the tops of each of the salmon.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until salmon is done to your preference.
For the Salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice. Stir well until combined. Season to taste then serve over salmon.