Raspberry Key Lime Pie Recipe: Raspberries get swirled through a lime flavored custard in a delicious spin on the best key lime pie recipe online.
Spring holidays will surely bombard you with numerous options for desserts. I love all the classics and will surely embrace them but one treat I absolutely love is key lime pie. This one, my new Raspberry Key Lime Pie, however, is jazzed up with a distinctive raspberry swirl that makes this extra special for any brunch you are hosting.
I have been making classic key lime pie for several years now. It’s one of my daddy’s absolute favorite pies so he requests it quite a bit during the year. If I don’t make him the homemade rendition, he is forced to order it at any restaurant we go to (heartbreaking I know). That’s what really motivated me to learn how to make it myself.
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
Making key lime pie could not be easier. The base of my easy key lime pie recipe is a very simple mixture of egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and a bit of vanilla extract. You simply whisk all of these ingredients together creating a flavorful filling for your pie.
If you want to make this pie baking process even easier, you can also buy a pre-made graham cracker crust at the grocery story. However it is so simple to make the crust that it won’t matter whatever you decide. This custard is poured into a graham cracker crust and baked for 15 minutes to set.
The Best Key Lime Pie Recipe
There are many key lime pie recipes online but the small addition of warmed raspberry preserves swirled through the batter changes the game. It truly does make this the best key lime pie recipe online. The raspberry tartness is wonderful with the sweetness and tart flavor of the lime juice. It also makes such a huge difference in the presentation of the pie. The update is not only super easy but absolutely gorgeous and dramatic.
If you serve this raspberry key lime pie on any holiday, be ready to receive compliments galore. If you wanted to, you could also make this a multi berry key lime pie and add different flavors to it. That would be fun as well!
Disclosure: I am a member of Safest Choice Eggs’ Darling Dozen and was compensated by Safest Choice Eggs for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam just melted in microwave until liquid
- Optional: Whipped Cream and Raspberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and press down into the plate and around the sides. Bake for 10 minutes to set.
- Whisk together egg yolks, key lime juice, condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour filling into baked pie crust.
- Next carefully spoon drops of melted raspberry preserves (make sure they are just melted) over filling. Using a butter knife or skewer, drag the knife through the drops creating a swirl pattern in the filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes until set then let rest until it cools to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, garnish with whipped cream and berries if desired and serve.