This Kool-Aid Pie Recipe has only 4 ingredients and comes together in a flash! Choice your fave Kool Aid flavor and make this pie your very own!
If your summers growing up looked anything like mine then you recognize the nostalgia that comes with a glass of ice cold Kool-Aid. When I was a girl I’d spend entire days during my summer vacations playing with cousins, neighbors and friends. We’d ride our bikes around the block, jump double dutch or jump through sprinklers being set off on lawns. Eventually, the sun would get too hot and we’d crave a sugary drink to energize us and cool us down. I could always count on there being a large pitcher of Kool-Aid in my refrigerator ready to be served. Grape, fruit punch or cherry variations were a staple in my house thanks to my mama, and as an adult I haven’t completely given up the craving for it.
Perks and Highlights
Cuisine Inspiration: American Comfort
Primary Cooking Method: Chilling
Dietary Info: Vegetarian, High in Sugar
Key Flavor: Sweet and Tangy (Choose Your Adventure!)
Skill Level: Easy Peasy
- Nostalgia on a Plate: This Kool-Aid Pie recipe isn’t just a dessert; it’s a one-way ticket to your childhood summers. Each bite is like hearing the ice cream truck all over again.
- Easy-Peasy: With only 4 ingredients, this recipe is so simple, even your six-year-old niece could probably make it. It’s perfect for last-minute gatherings or a quick treat on a busy day.
- Customize Your Flavor: Remember how you never picked the same Kool-Aid packet twice? Relive that thrill by switching up the Kool-Aid flavor each time you make this pie. The world is your flavorful oyster!
- No Bake Wonder: Forget preheating ovens and testing your patience. This pie only needs some good ol’ chilling. More time for you to do the Kool-Aid dance around your kitchen!
- Crowd-Pleaser: Whether it’s for the kiddos in your family or the adults who are young at heart, this pie is a universal charmer. One slice and they’ll be grinning from ear to ear, guaranteed!
Years later, I still remember those days fondly, and I look forward to being able to watch my daughter Harmony make her own summer memories. Until then I’ll relive my own past through the recipes that I share with you guys.Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Kool-Aid Pie.
What is Kool-Aid Pie?
Kool-Aid pie is a simple no bake pie that requires just a few ingredients including Kool-Aid. Light, sweet and slightly creamy, this pie is a surprisingly refreshing treat perfect for the summer months.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s totally customizable! You can use any Kool-Aid flavor of your choosing, and it’s bound to be delicious.
The second best part is that it requires on a few things and a few minutes to pull this entire recipe together.
This pie literally has 4 components total!
- Whipped Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pie Crust
How to Make Kool-Aid Pie
- Start your pie with my graham cracker crust recipe here or cut down time and grab a store-bought.
- NOTE: If making a homemade pie crust, make sure that it is cooled completely. If your crust is still warm it will melt your whipped cream mixture and the pie won’t set properly.
I’ve got the best graham cracker crust recipe that will ensure a perfect crust with no cracks or crumbles! But of course, there’s no shame in a store-bought crust because sometimes we just don’t have the time for all of that y’all.
- Next, stir your choice of Kool-Aid packet, whipped cream and condensed milk together until well blended. Be sure not to over-whip otherwise you’ll lose the airiness in your mixture and create something a bit denser than intended.
- Lastly, pour your pie filling into your graham cracker crust and place your pie in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours. Allowing your pie to set for this long allows it to come together and guarantee that each slice will come out clean rather than soupy.
What Flavor Should I use?
I prefer to use flavors that really pop in terms of flavor and also color.
These are the best that really bring those together:
- Tropical Punch
Summer is truly a time where I can allow myself to be a kid again. I’m still the girl that loves to hang outside with her friends, hop on a bike every now and then and enjoy my Kool-Aid. But I just can’t resist trying something new and perhaps adding a bit of class to a childhood favorite. This pie is perfect for family cookouts or a quick weeknight dessert when you just need something a little extra sweet. Take a page from my book this summer, cut yourself a slice of Kool-Aid Pie and don’t forget to be a kid once in a while.
Kool Aid Pie
- 1 0.13 ounce Kool-Aid drink packet flavor of your choice
- 1 cup cool-whip (or whipped cream)
- 1 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk can
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust ingredients are here: https://grandbaby-cakes.com/how-to-make-graham-cracker-crust-recipe/
- For the graham cracker crust, follow instructions here: https://grandbaby-cakes.com/how-to-make-graham-cracker-crust-recipe/
- For the filling, Stir drink packet, already whipped cream, and condensed milk together until well blended.
- Add pie filling to graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and serve.