This Buttermilk Waffles Recipe has a beautiful crunchy golden brown exterior with a tender and flavorful texture inside. It’s the best waffle recipe ever!
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES RECIPE
This old fashioned buttermilk waffles recipe is one of the best breakfast meals around. While I tend to wax poetically over pancakes a lot on my blog, I truly do have a love for waffles, especially these. I truly think this is the best buttermilk waffles recipe on the web, possibly the best waffle recipe ever!
MY LOVE FOR BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
My love for buttermilk waffles didn’t begin during my childhood. As a youth, my breakfasts were mostly composed of bacon, scrambled eggs, grits and toast. When I got to college, my three best friends and I would frequent a diner for dinner that served breakfast 24 hours a day. It was our late night spot filled with glass displays of classic layer cakes and pies.
At this diner, we would chat about classes (fun fact: we were all film majors) and eat breakfast pancakes and buttermilk waffles at 11 pm, 12 midnight and sometimes later. Some of my favorite memories from college were at this diner. Talking about life, love, goals, classes, crazy professors and the future with your best gal pals never gets old, even now. After being out of college for over 10 years now, I realize how important those moments were to the shaping of me. Even now, I can’t wait to go to brunch with my girlfriends to catch up.
I am so grateful for those times and the memories that accompany them. This buttermilk waffles recipe is an ode to my college gals who passed the syrup during those late nights ten years ago while making me laugh at the same time. They are perfectly crispy and golden brown on the outside and beautifully tender and doughy on the inside. Plus don’t forget that amazing buttermilk flavor throughout! If you love buttermilk waffles, these are the ones for you.
- Ever want to know how to make grits? This southern grits recipe is perfect!
- Need to learn how to make hash browns? This Hash Browns recipe is the best on the internet!
- This Chicken and Waffles recipe is everything!!
- Ever tried a johnny cakes or hoe cakes? These are the ones to try for your upcoming brunch!
- Perfect pancakes are my jam! These lemon ricotta pancakes, or this easy blueberry pancakes recipe and even these brown sugar pancakes are incredible!
And if you are craving more breakfast favorites, try my Eggy Eggnog French Toast HERE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In one large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Next whisk in egg yolks, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Beat remaining egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold stiff egg whites into batter.
- Heat waffle maker, spray maker with non-stick spray and prepare waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve warm and enjoy.