This fried shrimp recipe starts with a bold seasoned cornmeal shrimp breading filled with wonderful flavors and a hint of spice that creates shrimp fried to perfection! Pair with Fried Catfish, Tartar Sauce, Remoulade Sauce, classic Hush Puppies and and Fried Okra for the ultimate Southern Fish Fry.
HOW TO FRY SHRIMP
HOW TO MAKE A FRIED SHRIMP BATTER or FRIED SHRIMP BREADING
- A mixture of all purpose flour and cornmeal (it provides a wonderful crunch)
- Seasoned Salt
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper (this gives a nice kick of spice)
- Lemon pepper (citrus brightens the flavor)
WHAT ARE THE BEST SIDE DISHES FOR FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE?
At most fish fries, hush puppies are always a must!
- Fried fish is the best, and this Fish and Chips recipe is amazing!
- What is a chicken gizzard? This fried chicken gizzard recipe will make you the ultimate fan.
- This fried green tomatoes recipe is the best one on the web!
- Fried okra is the very best the south can offer! This fried okra recipe is the bee’s knees!
- I’m seriously in love with this chicken fried steak recipe! It is one of my most popular recipe. This Country fried steak is gold!
- If you love buttermilk fried chicken, this one will be your fave!
- Love fried catfish? This oven fried catfish will blow your mind.
- And for a side dish? These fried onion rings are incredible!
- If you love a good fish fry, I will teach you the best way to fry fish!
Fried Shrimp Recipe (How to Fry Shrimp)
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 pound deveined shrimp
- In a brown bag or ziploc bag, add flour, cornmeal, seasoned salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, and paprika and shake together.
- In a deep pie plate or large shallow bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and hot sauce.
- Dip shrimp in beaten buttermilk mixture then add back into the cornmeal breading and shake liberally to coat well. Place coated shrimp on a baking sheet.
- While coating sets, add 2 - 2 1/2 inches of oil to a deep pot and heat over medium high heat.
- Fry shrimp until golden brown but don't fry too long. Shrimp doesn't take too long to cook.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.