The most sensational Cheesecake Cookie Dough Truffles! Imagine chocolate chip cookie dough and cheesecake filling stuffed inside a chocolate shell! If you love truffles, you will also love these Orange White Chocolate Truffles, Cranberry Chocolate Truffles and Eggnog Truffles.
These Cheesecake Cookie Dough Truffles are for a special celebration!
My pal Dorothy of Crazy for Crust has an amazing new cookbook out that you simply must MUST get: Dessert Mash-Ups!!! This book is filled to the brim with bananas deliciously good recipes that are the best of two incredible things coming together to form the ultimate in dessert satisfaction.
When the book first arrived on my doorstep, I screamed with delight. First, Dorothy is one of the sweetest, most generous people in the food blog space so I was so excited for her and her accomplishment. And secondly, I was ready to try every single recipe in this book. Each page screams satisfying delight and stretchy pants heaven. The hardest part was figuring out what to try first.
After much indecisiveness, I flipped a coin and firmly decided on this recipe. These balls of happiness seriously rocked my world yall! These Cheesecake Cookie Dough Truffles were the best starter and because they are small, I carried them in my purse everywhere I went so I could satisfy a craving on the run. They are cute, delicious and perfectly easy to make! I see these landing on every single get together menu I have coming up.
I just loved the inventiveness of this Cheesecake Cookie Dough Truffles! Imagine chocolate chip cookie dough and cheesecake filling stuffed inside a chocolate shell!recipe. It starts with the creation of a tiny cheesecake ball made with cream cheese and graham cracker. This was already perfection but then it gets wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough AND then it gets dunked in melted chocolate and studded in sprinkles.
Amazing! I shared the recipe on Parade this week and had to share it with my readers as well. Keep reading for the recipe below that will knock your socks off. But most importantly, hurry up and order Dessert Mash-Ups HERE.
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Truffles
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs from 2 whole graham crackers
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces melted chocolate or semisweet baking chocolate
- Extra graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles for garnish
Make the Cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake mixture is cold, scoop 1 tablespoon balls onto a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. (You will get about 22 cheesecake balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop.) Cut each ball in half, for a total of about 44 balls. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix in the vanilla, milk and salt. Slowly add the flour and mix on low until incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Scoop 1 tablespoon balls onto a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. (You will get about 38 cookie balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop). Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Assemble the Truffles:
- Flatten each cold cookie dough ball with the palm of your hand. Place a cheesecake truffle in the center of each cookie dough round and wrap it around the cheesecake. Roll between your hands to seal and form a large ball. It's okay if the cheesecake pokes through a little. Repeat until all truffles have been made. Refrigerate again, for at least 15 minutes. (They can also be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.) You will have about 38 truffles, with a few cheesecake balls left over. Discard the extra cheesecake or eat it!
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to the package directions and line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Dip each truffle in the chocolate and coat completely. Tap off the excess and set onto the prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles. Refrigerate to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Truffles will keep for up to 5 days.