The most decadent slow cooker mac and cheese recipe filled with incredible flavors but made simply in a crock pot. Easy to walk away from while cooking but not while eating. It’s one of the best slow cooker recipes ever!
SLOW COOKER MAC AND CHEESE
I’ve got a great recipe for you all today: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese…mouth watering, yet? I didn’t initially plan on using a crock pot or slow cooker for this recipe but as life turns out, it became my only option since my oven decided to stop working (crazy right?). This turned out to be a good thing rather than a bad one because I loved how great this slow cooker macaroni and cheese turned out. I have never worked so little in my life for something to be so good.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER MAC AND CHEESE
This slow cooker mac and cheese recipe, like most slow cooker recipes, are pretty simple to make. You essentially place all the ingredients (macaroni, cheeses, seasonings, mustard,Worcestershire sauce, milks) in your slow cooker after spraying it with a non stick cooking spray. Turn on the slow cooker, and set it to the desired cooking time, and that’s basically it!
WHY IS THIS ONE OF THE BEST SLOW COOKER RECIPES?
What I love about this slow cooker mac and cheese recipe is how it really resembles baked macaroni and cheese like the one I grew up loving and eating. The cheeses, pasta and sauce just blend together into a perfect custard-like beauty as if they were made together in the first place. And the topping of cheese and toasted panko crumbs is so good y’all! This slow cooker mac and cheese has all the flavor and taste of a baked mac and cheese recipe without all the work.
Check out some of the best slow cooker recipes Grandbaby Cakes has to offer below.
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
The most decadent slow cooker mac and cheese recipe filled with incredible flavors but made simply in a crock pot. Easy to walk away from while cooking but not while eating. It's one of the best slow cooker recipes ever!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 1/4 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 8 ounces American cheese thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs
- Prepare inside of your slow cooker with a non stick spray coating all parts.
- Next add macaroni, all cheeses, and both milks to the slow cooker and stir together to combine. Once thoroughly mixed, turn on slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- When 25 minutes are left for cooking the macaroni, stir in the final ingredients and allow to completely cook.
- Finally add butter to a skillet on medium heat and allow to melt. Next add panko crumbs and cook to golden brown color. Sprinkle toasted crumbs over macaroni and cheese and serve.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 596mg | Iron: 1mg