Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup – a soul warming soup that cuts down on time but not taste. Simply the best crock pot chicken noodle soup on the internet!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP – PERFECT MEAL FOR THE SICK
Ugh, I feel sickness taking over me. For the last week, I’ve had a slight sore throat and a few too many headaches. A few sneezes mixed in made me know for sure I was officially coming down with something. A perfect time to try my slow cooker chicken noodle soup! It’s ideal for someone who is sick — just toss the ingredients in your slow cooker or crock pot, set the timer and rest! In a few hours, you have dinner ready, and it’s one the best slow cooker chicken recipes, too!
MOM’S HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
When I was young, my mother would make a homemade chicken noodle soup that not only warmed my body, but warmed my soul. I think the book title “Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul” was inspired by my mom. She would add the whole chicken to the soup and allow it to shred and steep into the flavored chicken stock. She would also add cream of mushroom soup for a wonderful creamy consistency.
MY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
I adore my mother’s soup so much; however as I got older, I cut down on my dairy intake so I started working on a stock based version that was just as satisfying as my mother’s recipe. I also wanted to cut down on my preparation time so the use of a slow cooker seemed like a perfect fit.
This slow cooker chicken noodle soup has all of the elements that make a chicken noodle soup soul warming. I even added some tumeric for health reasons, and it kicks up the flavor (and color) as well. So this fall when you feel sickness coming on (or even if you don’t) make sure you make a pot of this slow cooker chicken noodle soup — one the best slow cooker chicken recipes out there!
I used the following products for this recipe:
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Optional: 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large bag egg noodles
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley
- Add chicken breasts, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bouillon cubes, and tumeric if using, to slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from broth. Using two forks, shred the chicken then add back into the broth.
- Next add egg noodles and parsley if using and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender then serve.