This Easy Strawberry Lemonade Recipe makes a perfectly tart, sweet, homemade and easy drink recipe that will make you want to drink from scratch lemonade from now on! If you love the flavor of strawberries and lemons you’ve got to try these Strawberry Lemonade Bars and my Strawberry Lemonade Cake. You can also stay cool all summer long with this classic Homemade Lemonade recipe!
My love of fresh strawberries and lemons is deep y’all! I can’t stop making things that remind me of it. I am obsessed with this wonderful citrus and berry combination of sweet and tart flavors!
This homemade strawberry lemonade always hits the spot. Whether you are sipping on it on the porch enjoying the summer breeze or pouring it from a pitcher during Sunday supper to share with your family, it’s so refreshing and delicious.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- An easy recipe to stay refreshed and calm all summer long.
- It’s simple to adjust the sweetness and tartness to your own tastes!
- Perfect for kids with flavors adults will love too!
- Way healthier and better than anything storebought!
- Made with simple, wholesome ingredients.
Get ready to grab your ingredients! Here’s what you will need:
- Fresh lemon juice: For homemade lemonade, fresh is always best.
- Granulated sugar: I prefer to use plain white granulated sugar to sweeten drinks.
- Fresh strawberries: You can also easily use frozen strawberries which may be a sweeter option if strawberries aren’t in season.
- Sparkling water: To make it a bubbly lemonade but you can also make it with plain water without any carbonation too.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
This easy beverage recipe only takes 10 minutes to make. Squeezing the lemons will likely take the most time.
- Squeeze the juice from your lemons! Trust me, you want to make this lemonade with freshly squeezed lemons.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar to a pitcher or bowl and whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the strawberries to the food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Run the strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove any large chunks and the small seeds.
- Add the strawberry puree to the lemon juice.
- Add the sparkling water and stir together. Taste and adjust the flavors if needed.
- Serve it up in a pitcher with additional berry slices. For the best flavor, serve chilled or over ice.
How to Store
Serving for a party? Make the lemonade and strawberry mixture ahead of time. Then add chilled club soda right before serving it up. You can make the strawberry and lemon base up to three days ahead of time or even freeze it for up to one month before thawing it out and mixing it with the water.
- Avoid making this homemade lemonade too far in advance so it stays nice and bubbly.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice rather than bottled lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Swap the sugar with any sweetener you prefer! Just avoid dark sugars or sweeteners which may affect the color of the lemonade.
- Serve chilled or over ice for the most thirst-quenching flavor.
- Add sliced strawberries and lemon slices to the pitcher or glasses for a lovely presentation!
Yes, this lemonade recipe works quite great with freshly squeezed lime juice too!
No, not if it’s fully mixed with the carbonated water. However you can freeze the pureed strawberry, lemon juice, and sugar base for up to one month.
More Strawberry Recipes
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!* Post a photo of how your version of the recipe came out on Instagram (using #grandbabycakes)!!
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice about 6 lemons
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 4 ½ cups sparkling water
- Additional strawberry slices for garnish
- Add lemon juice and sugar to a bowl and whisk together until sugar dissolves.
- Next, add strawberries to food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth. Run the strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer.
- For the lemonade, add strawberry puree to lemon juice in a pitcher then add water and stir together.
- Stir together then add in additional berry slices.
- Add ice to serving glasses and fill each glass with lemonade and serve.
This post was originally published May 2018. It has been update for new images and content.