BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN
HOW DO YOU MAKE BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN PARMESAN?
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPE?
- LEMON PANKO CRUSTED FISH
- CAJUN SHRIMP ZOODLES
- BLOOD ORANGE GLAZED SALMON
- LEMON ROAST CHICKEN AND POTATOES
Baked Chicken Parmesan is a healthier twist on an delicious Italian favorite. Served with spaghetti squash, this dish gets lighter without losing the flavor.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Baked spaghetti squash
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is tender. Carefully stir in the undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, with a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thickness.
If the chicken breasts are thicker than 1/4-inch thick, then you might have to bake a little longer. Bake until the chicken is cooked through.