Butter Ricotta Cookies Recipe – A delicious and easy holiday cookies recipe that will make Santa very happy. The flavor is pure, and the texture is soft and tender. If you love these, you will love these Sugar Cookies.
Are you officially tired of Christmas cookies because I don’t think I am quite there yet. If you are, this Butter Ricotta Cookies Recipe should definitely change your tune. This recipe is seriously sensational too.
I think you all know by now that I’m not into really fussy cookies. I love looking at them but I certainly don’t love making them. That’s probably why you have noticed that the cookies here are Grandbaby Cakes are very similar to the kind your grandmother may have made you. They taste sensational and tickle those memories you just can’t get enough of.
This Butter Ricotta Cookies Recipe certainly fall in that category. I love the taste. The ricotta is such an unexpected flavor. It has just enough of that cheesy tart essence which is so rich when mixed with the butter. The flavors together just sing.
And the texture, oh gosh, the texture is just wow! It is just the right amount of chewy, and each bite melts in your mouth. The hint of vanilla is certainly expected and absolutely delightful. I had one, and then another and then another, and before I knew it, I had tons! They are highly addictive and so good! They are similar in texture to my Tea Cakes recipe.
Disclosure: This holiday cookies post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs but all opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for the partnership.
Butter Ricotta Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large Safest Choice egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer on medium speed (or using hand mixer and medium sized bowl), add butter, ricotta cheese, sugar, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Next add egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slow mixer down and add flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30-40 minutes. Measure out dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls. Add balls to baking sheet and slightly flatten tops.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes; cool on wire rack and serve.