BUTTER COOKIES AS GIFTS
EGGNOG ICED BUTTER COOKIES
I grew up on butter cookies, and they are my all time favorite cookie though chocolate chip is a super close second place. So I decided to throw a fun Holiday party featuring Land O’ Lakes butter sticks in my awesome soft butter cookie recipe with a holiday twist: Eggnog Iced Butter Cookies.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER COOKIES
These were a hit at my party. In fact, check out this fun prep video of my party HERE.
Try these for your upcoming cookie swap or leave them under the tree for Santa. He might leave you an extra gift or two.
BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGER COOKIES
- BUTTER RICOTTA COOKIES
- SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CHAI BROWNED BUTTER SNICKERDOODLES
- DARK CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Eggnog Iced Butter Cookies - traditional butter cookies have been upgraded with a new ingredient that is no stranger to the holiday season: eggnog! These are the best Christmas cookies ever!
- 1 cup unsalted Land O' Lakes butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon eggnog until pourable
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Next whisk in flour and baking powder until cookie dough is formed.
- Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Next scope dough into mini tablespoon sized balls and place on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
- For the icing, whisk together all ingredients until pourable.
- Drizzle icing over the tops of cookies in decorative pattern.
- Optional: Add sprinkles to tops of cookies and serve.
Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.