This Homemade Garlic Cheese Breadsticks Recipe will put your local pizzeria’s to shame! A wonderfully tender yet crispy dough is topped with an addictive garlic butter sauce and finished with gooey cheese! Serve with pizza sauce or my Southern Spaghetti Sauce for a fun twist. PLUS CHECK OUT THE HOW TO VIDEO WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS!!
The Most Delicious Homemade Garlic Cheese Breadsticks Recipe EVER
For a website with the name “Cakes” in the title, you would think that the most popular recipe on my site would be a cake right? Not quite. The most popular recipe at the time I wrote this was my homemade garlic bread and second place is my Real Deal Caramel Cake. Bananas right?
Not one week goes by without me receiving an email or comment about how delicious it is. Well I thought I would share another recipe that could be considered a cousin to my garlic bread, this Garlic Cheese Breadsticks Recipe.
Now I warn you right here and now that these things are GOOOOOOOOD and SOOOOO addictive. You won’t be able to put these down at all. The idea to create this recipe came from the hubby. In his youth, he used to deliver pizzas back in the day at Pizza Hut to get extra cash. He loved their breadsticks, and thought I should put some on the site. I obliged like a good wife. And I must admit, I am glad I did.
How To Make Cheesy Breadsticks
This garlic cheese breadsticks recipe puts Pizza Hut and all pizza chains around the country to shame. The breadsticks start with my easy pizza dough recipe which is perfectly chewy and flavorful (thanks to a hint of garlic salt) on the inside but crispy on the outside.
Next I brushed on a melted garlic and Italian seasoning butter which then got completely covered by a thick layer of shredded cheeses, parmesan and parsley.
Once baked, it became heavenly. Serve with warm pizza sauce on the side if you wish or as is. Either way, these breadsticks are delicious!
Don’t believe me? Make these and see for yourself. In fact, these would be absolutely perfect for the Super Bowl or on emotional eating days, which I allow myself once a month.
Other Game Day or Appetizer Recipes To Serve with These Garlic Breadsticks
If you love serving amazing recipes for game days or just for entertaining like these, check out the following recipes:
Homemade Garlic Cheese Breadsticks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 3/4-1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups Italian shredded cheese blend
- 1/2- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Optional: warm pizza sauce for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, garlic salt, sugar, yeast and slowly add in water.
- Mix together until dough is created.
- Using your hands knead for one minute and form a ball.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a separate bowl and transfer pizza dough to that bowl. Cover with a paper towel for 1 hour or until dough has doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough on your pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Add butter, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and microwave until melted. Whisk together then brush on dough.
- Next sprinkle dough with shredded cheese then parmesan cheese. Lastly, sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until dough has browned and cheese is melted and golden.
- Cut bread into sticks and serve with warm pizza sauce if desired.