Eggnog Buttered Rum Cake Recipe – A moist and spiced Eggnog Pound Cake gets jazzed up with a sensational buttered rum sauce that soaks into every bite!
My pound cake collection is getting pretty crowded but I couldn’t go without one more, and this Eggnog Buttered Rum Cake recipe is just the one to polish off the holiday season with. There is so much magic when you combine a Buttered Rum Cake Recipe with an Eggnog Pound Cake. The two flavors meld magically, to the point where you wonder why they were never put together in the very first place.
I can’t think of a Christmas being complete without a pound cake. I can’t even remember a holiday in my family that didn’t have a pound cake on the dessert table. I know how each year can get a little stale so I try to mix it up. This Eggnog Pound Cake is truly the Christmas cake I have been waiting for, and I’m sure you have been too!
The eggnog flavor in this baby is undeniable! Make sure you get a super quality one. Trader Joe’s has a great one. I also punched up the flavor with some nutmeg as well. The cake texture is dense and tender all at the same time, and it is so moist that it literally melts in your mouth.
But I didn’t stop there. Next I made a sensational buttered rum sauce right over the stove and poured it right over the cake letting it seep into every nook and cranny of its surface. You have never had a rum cake recipe quite like this, let me tell you. So if you are ready to get your Christmas celebration popping, make sure you start with this cake baby!
Looking for more cakes? Try this Pineapple Rum Cake or try my most popular cake, the real deal caramel cake? Want more pound cakes? Check out my page with the very best pound cakes on the internet HERE!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 315 degrees and prepare your 12 cup bundt pan with shortening and flour or non-stick baking spray.
- In your mixer bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and salt on high speed until light and fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Next add in eggs, one at a time, and mix until well incorporated.
- Slow mixer to lowest speed and carefully add in flour then eggnog, vanilla extract and nutmeg and mix until just combined.
- Pour cake batter into bundt pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but mostly clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes then invert cake onto cooling rack.
- Add butter, water, sugar and rum into a pot and bring to a boil and allow to combine. Poke cake all over its surface then pour sauce over the cake allowing it to seep into the cake. Once completely soaked in then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.