Pumpkin Pound Cake – A sensationally rich and spiced pumpkin pound cake with a to die for brown butter glaze. One of the best pumpkin dessert recipes ever!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs but all opinions expressed here are my own.
PUMPKIN POUND CAKE
Fall is not my favorite season, but it is one of my favorite baking times of the year because of all the wonderful fall desserts and flavors. This Pumpkin Pound Cake is one of those wonderful fall dessert recipes. The beauty of it is in its simplicity. The quality ingredients shine through. I used fresh pumpkin for this, along with my favorite eggs: Safest Choice Eggs.
THE IMPORTANCE OF EGGS TO BAKING CAKES
When baking a cake, eggs are very important to the structure. They have one of the most crucial jobs of all. The egg whites stiffen the cake bringing it all together. They are like building blocks. The egg yolks are wonderful for moistness and creating a tender crumb.
POUND CAKE GLAZE
Generally speaking, pound cakes are simple to make, but to a novice baker, it looks pretty difficult including the pound cake glaze. I can assure any of my followers who are new to baking that this pumpkin pound cake is super simple to make and the pound cake glaze is even easier. This cake’s brown butter glaze is composed of melted butter, confectioner’s sugar and milk…that’s it! Whisk those ingredients together and you have a pound cake glaze that sends this pumpkin pound cake into the stratosphere of deliciousness and is tremendously easy on the eyes!
This pumpkin pound cake is simple yet its flavor is amazing. The pumpkin shines through, and the spices really help to bring out the flavor even more. Tender and moist, this cake melts in your mouth. And when you top it with my brown butter glaze, you will be humming until the cows come home! So get out that bundt pan and get to work on this pumpkin pound cake right away…just in time for Thanksgiving!! The results are well worth it.
PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES
If you like this pumpkin pound cake, you will really get a kick out of these other pumpkin dessert recipes:
- PUMPKIN CIDER DOUGHNUTS
- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CARAMEL PUMPKIN LAVA CAKE
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL CUPCAKES
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe – A sensational rich and spiced tender pumpkin pound cake with a to die for brown butter glaze! One of the best pumpkin dessert recipes ever!
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream room temperature
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and browned until tiny specs form
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare your 10 cup bundt pan with shortening and flour or non-stick baking spray.
- In your mixer bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt on high speed until light and fluffy for 5 minutes.
- Next add in eggs, one at a time, and mix until well incorporated.
- Slow mixer to lowest speed and carefully add in flour, cinnamon and baking powder then add in sour cream, pumpkin and extract and cream until just combined.
- Pour cake batter into bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but mostly clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes then invert cake onto cooling rack and cool until room temperature.
- Whisk together melted butter, confectioner's sugar and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and serve.
NOTE: Eggs are very important to the structure of a cake. They have one of the most crucial jobs of all. The egg whites stiffen the cake bringing it all together.