Disclosure: This post is sponsored partnership with ALDI. However, all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
Occasionally I’d even stand by the oven, peaking in the window and watching the batter swell; it seemed magical. The cakes seemed to take forever to bake, and even after my grandmother carefully removed them from the oven, I knew the waiting wasn’t over.
My patience was tested with every second that I was forced to wait until the cake completely cooled. But boy oh boy, was it worth it! The first bite (and every one after that followed) melted in my mouth like butter.
The Perfect Easter Dessert: Homemade Strawberry Cake in Pound Cake form
The matriarchs of my family made these cakes for every occasion, especially holidays like Easter Sunday, because they could truly be enjoyed by everyone. Even the pickiest of eaters couldn’t deny a slice. To this day, anytime my family comes together there’s always a pound cake in sight.
Regardless of the holiday or day of the week, you can’t hold me and my family back from making one! I love the adaptability of it! Pound cake can be dressed up with flavorful ingredients or decorations or presented in its simplest form. Either way, the flavor and texture truly speaks for itself especially when using ALDI ingredients.
From decadent Cream Cheese Pound Cakes to seasonal sensations like Pumpkin Pound Cake, I’ve made them all; but this year, for Easter and the spring season, I wanted to create something new and fresh. Spring’s flavors are light, fruity and crisp; basically everything that I love in a dessert.
Glorious strawberries are now in season, meaning their flavors are stronger and tastier than ever. Each one is beautifully red in color, sweet in flavor and wonderfully textured. Above all, strawberries, especially ALDI fresh berries, are my absolute favorite; they are the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. I couldn’t imagine a more perfect addition to my pound cake.
It truly doesn’t get any better than that. This Homemade Strawberry Cake made as a pound cake is dense, but so moist, with wonderful pops of fresh strawberries and a delicious strawberry glaze.
Like these strawberry cupcakes, it uses strawberry puree and strawberry extract to create an undeniable fruity, yet not overpowering flavor. It shines through. The color of this cake is delightfully pink, making for a perfect addition to the Easter dinner table. Attractive to the eye and mouth-watering to the taste buds.
How to Make Strawberry Cake From Scratch
Meet my Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe: the star of this year’s Easter celebrations. In the making of this recipe I wanted to ensure I used the best quality ingredients without breaking the bank.
Why not save a few dollars where you can right? Living in Chicago, I know the importance of leaning on my local ALDI. Their reliable, fresh ingredients make it possible to create endlessly delicious recipes. Walking through the aisles, it’s impossible to ignore the affordable prices and high quality products.
With prices like theirs, I’m able to create tasty desserts like this Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake for family gatherings without having to spend like crazy. I also love that I can have all of my ALDI ingredients delivered right to my home via Instacart (make sure you grab my coupon code below to take advantage of an amazing offer!).
For this recipe, I used a few of my favorite ALDI products: fresh strawberries, Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar, Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs and even their Crofton Spring Baking Utensils which will be in stores starting April 3rd for a limited time.
Each moving piece was essential to producing the most high-quality result possible. And the baking utensils? Crazy cute, while also being the second hand help in the kitchen that every aspiring baker needs. After every grocery run, I feel accomplished and reassured that my recipe will come out amazing time and time again.
So as spring approaches and you’re planning that fresh new clean Easter Sunday outfit, let me help make your contribution to the family table a little easier. This Fresh Strawberry Cake recipe will be the star of your gathering and the perfect start to the spring season. You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe all summer long and believe me, so will I.
OTHER STRAWBERRY RECIPES
- NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY BUTTER ROSE BUNS
- HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE COFFEE CAKE
Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
For The Cake
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (this is for glaze below as well)
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp strawberry extract optional
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring optional
For The Glaze
- 2 tbsp strawberry puree reserved from cake
- 2 cups Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure lemon juice or lime juice
For The Cake
- Remove the stems and wash strawberries thoroughly. Next add strawberries to food processor or heavy duty blender and puree until smooth. Remove 2 tablespoons of puree and set aside for glaze later on.
- Then add strawberry puree to a small pot over medium heat and reduce the puree for 15-20 minutes or until you have ½ cup left. It should be pretty thick. Cool puree down to room temperature and set aside.
- Next preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a 12 cup Bundt pan with nonstick method of your choosing.
- In your mixer bowl, add butter and beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Slowly add in sugar and beat on high speed for an additional 4 minutes until very pale yellow and fluffy, might be a bit crumbly.
- Next, add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides of your bowl as needed.
- Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed, and slowly add flour in two increments, then add salt and baking soda. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Lastly, add buttermilk, the cooled strawberry puree, vanilla and strawberry extracts (and red food coloring if desired) and mix until just combined then stop.
- Pour cake batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert cake on serving plate.
For The Glaze
- Once cake has cooled to room temperature, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the strawberry puree, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon or lime juice until smooth and thick, but pourable.
- Use your spoon to test this by seeing how it runs down the side of the spoon. If too thin, adjust with powdered sugar and if too thick, add a bit more juice until consistency is perfect. Glaze top of cooled cake and let set for 10 minutes then serve.
What if you do not have unsalted butter on hand?
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
If you have salted for any of my cakes, you can just omit the salt.
Can I make this using 2 loaf pans? Or halve the recipe and use 1?
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Yes you can definitely do this!
I made this cake twice this summer! Delicious and so moist. I would add a little food coloring as suggested because my first one was a little washed out.
Liz B. says
I LOVE THIS CAKE! It’s the perfect summer treat and one of my go-to’s whenever I need to bring a dessert to a party or just make my family feel extra loved. It’s easy to prepare and turns out perfectly try every time.
This was the best strawberry cake I have ever made. Even my kids who don’t like loved it
What’s the name of bundt pan that you use?
That cake looks awesome.
Followed recipe exactly and it turned out great! Very pretty, wish I could add a picture. My husband said it was one of my best creations yet haha… and I bake all the time!! Shared with family and neighbors and was a real crowd pleaser. Thanks for a great recipe!
Courtney, Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe with me. John’s new favorite cake since having it at your home! I prepared the strawberry purée reduction when strawberries were in season and froze in portions in freezer bags so we can have this year round. I have this cake in the oven now!
Oh my goodness!!!!
This is the best cake recipe I’ve gotten from Pinterest. My husband said “this is a do over”. I used my fresh strawberries and farm fresh eggs. So,so heavenly. Thank you.
I made this cake for an Easter dinner with friends and it was a hit! Everyone loved it! Thank you for the yummy recipe! I will definitely be making it again in the future.
Viola Augustin says
Have you used 3 cups of sugar?
I really like this recipe! I’m excited to use it because I really wanted to make a pink strawberry cake without using boxed mix or jello. But I wish the strawberries were weighed instead of saying a pint. I’m using fresh strawberries from our garden so I don’t have a pint and for some reason I’m getting 12, 16 & 19 oz as a normal weight of a pint of strawberries.
You can go to YouTube and ask for the ratio if measurements and find all you need to know.
Have a Blessed day ♥️