Grilled Prosciutto Arugula Pizza Recipe – A delicious and irresistible smokey pizza with perfectly melty Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend, salty prosciutto and crispy arugula. If you love this, you will also love this Meat Lovers Pizza.
I have gotten to the point where I now want all of my pizzas prepared on the grill. That smoky flavor is seriously irresistible. I can’t get enough of it. And the crazy thing is this addiction kinda snuck up on me like a thief in the night. But think about it: I can get my pizza fix all summer long without having to turn on the oven.
My regular obsession with pizza started when I was super young. From frozen to the very best deep dish pizzas in Chicago, my daddy exposed me to all of them. Every Friday after he picked me up from school, we went to grab a pizza. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I learned about the splendor and wonder of grilled pizza.
I didn’t plan for this addiction taking place, especially considering that I live in Chicago where it is freezing cold most of the year, but the char of the pizza dough and charcoal essence that the pie gets infused with are simply magnificent.
With summer all the way in full swing, I am taking this pizza grilling obsession to new heights with this Grilled Prosciutto Arugula Pizza recipe that is pretty much the best recipe I’ve put on my grill in a super long time. It is cheesy, smoky, and packed with flavor.
It begins with a pizza dough of your choice. I have a great recipe for an easy dough here, or you can grab your favorite dough from the grocery store. Either way, you can’t go wrong. Top it with a marinara sauce and then comes my favorite part: the cheese!
I am absolutely obsessed with Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend. A little over a month ago, I had the amazing opportunity to learn more about their products that have been in my life since I was a little girl. While I have always known so much about the butter products, I was introduced to the incredible cheese products that have such high-quality ingredients and taste. We did a taste test of several of the cheese products which can be found and sliced freshly in the deli section at grocery stores. This was definitely my favorite. The American is flavored with Asiago, Romano and Parmesan and gives such an authentic Italian flavor.
I was amazed at how different these cheese products tasted from the typical American you find in the plastic cheese packages. They melt perfectly as well. I knew this would be the perfect way to top my summer grilled pizza.
A little prosciutto gives it that fantastic meaty and delicious flavor and topping it with a tossed arugula was the icing on the cake. This is a dream pizza that you won’t be able to get enough of. It will be making multiple appearances on my grilling menu all summer long.
Want more amazing grilling recipes to try?
- This Grilled Ribeye Steak with Tequila Glaze is everything!
- Chipotle Steak Au Poivre is necessary!
- What’s a grill without chicken? This Tequila Lime Chicken is necessary.
- This Carne Asada makes my life every time I grill it!
- And finally get this Grilled Catfish recipe or this Skirt Steak with Chimichurri on the grill immediately.
Disclosure: I partnered with Land O’Lakes for this Grilled Prosciutto Arugula Pizza recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own.
Grilled Prosciutto Arugula Pizza Recipe
- Your favorite pizza dough homemade recipe or store bought
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon divided
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 6-8 slices Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend ¾ ounce
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 ounce package of prosciutto
- ¾ cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Roll out your pizza dough to a standard medium size. Use a little flour if the dough is sticky. Remember, not to spread the dough too thin. It will be difficult to remove if it is too thin. Brush one side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place olive oil side down on hot grill.
- Brush the other tablespoon of oil on the dough facing up.
- Once dough has cooked on one side until stable, has grill marks and is longer doughy, flip the crust over on the grill. Cook until dough is set.
- Once dough is done, evenly spread sauce over the dough then add cheese, tomatoes and prosciutto and cover grill.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until cheese is totally melted and golden. Remove pizza from grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- While pizza rests, toss arugula with remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil and wine vinegar and place on top of pizza and serve.
Photos by Sarah Fennel
Lenard Smith says
Great pizza idea!!!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Thanks so much!