Mexican Pizza Recipe – my Napoli inspired pizza dough gets topped with super flavorful chorizo sausage making the best homemade Mexican pizza you’re ever taste!
This Mexican Pizza featuring chorizo sausage is dedicated to my husband Fred who has really stepped up his culinary game lately. I personally love Mexican food and just started to get my husband to come around to love it too. He is a very picky eater and really only eats pizza and pasta. Those are his favorite things.
Most nights I appease him by either making homemade pizza with sausage and cheese or spaghetti and meatballs. That’s all he truly enjoys, and I make sure that he gets one of those items at least once a week. More recently, he started branching out and trying new foods. Last summer, he happily embraced Mexican and took me to several local Mexican restaurants in the Chicagoland area.
Fred has even started letting me make tacos and fajitas at home too. I thought it would be cool to add a Mexican flair to his favorite meal: pizza. Then, my friend Leslie gave me the idea of adding chorizo. Mexican and Italian cuisine really are a match made in heaven.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN PIZZA
I started with my Napoli inspired Pizza Dough because it is my favorite easy dough to make, and it comes together so quickly. Next, I spiced up a regular pizza sauce with some taco seasoning and topped that with browned taco seasoned ground turkey and chorizo. The Mexican flair from that alone was delish. Lastly, I finished the pizza with a Mexican blend of shredded cheeses, diced tomatoes, black olive slices and green onions. It came out bubbly and delicious and full of Mexican flavor!!
This Mexican Pizza will be going in our rotation of Friday homemade pizza nights for sure. It’s a great way to get my husband to try new flavors without going too far left.
If you like this Mexican Pizza, you’ll definitely love my other pizza recipes.
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA
- NAPOLI INSPIRED PIZZA DOUGH
- GRILLED PROSCIUTTO ARUGULA PIZZA
- HOMEMADE FLATBREAD PIZZA DOUGH
- MEATY PIZZA ROLLS
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!*
Mexican Pizza Recipe
Mexican Pizza Recipe - my Napoli inspired pizza dough gets topped with super flavorful chorizo sausage making the best homemade Mexican pizza you're ever taste!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Napoli Inspired Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 12-14 ounce pizza sauce jar
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef browned in skillet with 3 tablespoons taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
- 7 ounces Chorizo sausage, browned in skillet
- 8 ounces Mexican shredded cheese
- 2.25 ounces sliced black olives 1 can
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Make Napoli Inspired pizza dough according to recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut dough in half and roll out two pizza crusts on baking surfaces.
- Next brush pizza sauce over both pizza crusts and sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the sauce.
- Add taco seasoned and browned ground turkey and browned chorizo on tops of both pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle meat with Mexican shredded cheese then add black olives and diced fresh tomato over pizzas.
- Bake pizzas one at a time for 12-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings have all melted together. Tip: If you want to brown the top even more, turn on the broiler for a few minutes but carefully watch so the pizza does not burn.
- Remove pizzas, sprinkle with green onions, slice and serve.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1362mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 2.8mg