Lemon Brookies – brownies and cookies combine in this citrusy and perfect recipe. If you love lemon flavor, you will love these Blackberry Lemon Bars!
I have never been able to decide which I like better: cookies or brownies? Cookies are that perfectly round handheld snack that I could eat a dozen of in one sitting, and brownies are that fudgy dense bar that make you sigh in delight after one bite. Both are equally dangerous, especially when combined into lemon brookies.
When I can’t make a decision, I select both! A couple years ago I made these chipster topped brownies (classic brownies topped with classic chocolate chip cookies) and fell in love. Cookies and brownies in one? What a fantastic invention. They fit together like peanut butter and jelly or yin and yang or Mickey and Minnie (well you get the point).
I wanted a brownie/cookie combo with a lovely spring flavor profile so I quickly turned to lemon. My Facebook following asked for lemon brownies next on the blog but I thought this was an awesome twist.
To create these lemon brookies, I used Pillsbury’s yummy sugar cookie dough on the bottom and added an incredible lemon brownie recipe to the top. Pure bliss is what I got in return. These are just delish! And super easy and fast to make too!
You have to make these lemon brookies now I tell you! Don’t worry, that was a polite demand.
I have never been able to decide which I like better: cookies or brownies? Cookies are that perfectly round handheld snack that I could eat a dozen of in one sitting and brownies are that fudgy dense bar that make you sigh in delight after one bite. Both are equally dangerous, especially when combined into lemon brookies.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 package sugar cookie dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8X8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add a little flour to your fingers to break apart cookie dough. Evenly press sugar cookie dough into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cookie crust cools, add butter, sugar, salt and flour to bowl of a mixer and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest until combined.
- Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully spread lemon brownie batter evenly over cooled cookie dough (dough will still be warm and may move a bit).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they turn golden on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and serve.
Lemon Brownie adapted from Rita's Recipes
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 43mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.7mg