Disclosure: I was compensated by Omaha Steaks for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I’ve got a brand new Omaha Steaks recipe up today perfect for Lent or middle of the week fast dinners: Lemon Panko Crusted Fish. This is also a great recipe for anyone try to eat lighter or dieting for any reason, especially New Year’s resolutions.
LEMON PANKO CRUSTED FISH
This recipe has been a fave of mine (along with my orange glazed salmon recipe if you missed it) for a while because of its ease and convenience. Because I love eating lighter during the week, I rely on it to keep me accountable and healthy as opposed to my sugar filled fat fried weekend nights.
BREADED FISH RECIPE
Fish can be cooked very quickly and is so adaptable. You can basically pair it with anything and make it taste divine, especially when it’s the Ocean Bounty from Omaha Steaks. You can use cod, mahi mahi or salmon for this breaded fish recipe. I really love coating fish in panko because that crunch is just outstanding, and when you add lemon zest, watch out! You have quite a remarkable dish on your hands with little effort.
HEALTHY FISH RECIPES
Lemon Panko Crusted Fish
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup plain Panko crumbs
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 cod fillets or Mahi Mahi or Salmon from The Ocean Bounty
- Fresh parsley and lemon wedges/slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Liberally spray the parchment paper with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Panko crumbs, lemon zest and ¼ tsp of salt then set aside.
- Next season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the tops of the fillets in beaten egg then roll in Panko crumbs allowing to adhere.
- Place the fillets Panko side up on the baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes until baked through but don’t over cook the fish.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices or wedges and serve simply with brown rice and a vegetable for an easy weeknight meal.
Looking for more fantastic seafood dishes? Check out my Pinterest Board Below!
Follow Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)’s board Seafood on Pinterest.